Firestorm and Singularity viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess I'm probably in the wrong place but it's taken me half hour to remember the name singularity, so please forgive me.

1. I downloaded the latest FS 2 days ago. I never have problems with these downloads before until now. My inventory is completely screwed. I can't find half of my inventory folders and the clothes that are just laying in my inventory and I can't move them into their appropriate folders no matter how I tried. I've done a 3 day return on my laptop - nothing worked,

2. I tried another drive, Singularity but I couldn't find my inventory, which is rather a pain in the butt and now i'm lost, I have a new home and can't even put my furniture in it.

Can someone please help, I'm desperate for it x

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

I guess I'm probably in the wrong place but it's taken me half hour to remember the name singularity, so please forgive me.

1. I downloaded the latest FS 2 days ago. I never have problems with these downloads before until now. My inventory is completely screwed. I can't find half of my inventory folders and the clothes that are just laying in my inventory and I can't move them into their appropriate folders no matter how I tried. I've done a 3 day return on my laptop - nothing worked,

2. I tried another drive, Singularity but I couldn't find my inventory, which is rather a pain in the butt and now i'm lost, I have a new home and can't even put my furniture in it.

your viewer choice has most likely nothing to do with what's happening,  just your installation might have borked some files. And/or your connection isn't what it should be.

try this:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

You should also try downloading the latest viewer directly from Linden Lab and see if your inventory loads there. If it does not you can contact LL support to have them verfy that you do not have any broader corruption in your inventory. You have to try on the Linden viewer first though not on a third party viewer.

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

1. I downloaded the latest FS 2 days ago. I never have problems with these downloads before until now. My inventory is completely screwed. I can't find half of my inventory folders and the clothes that are just laying in my inventory ...

I had this inventory problem myself.   In my case, the issue was that I normally run Firestorm in "Phoenix" mode selected on the initial login screen.   The new download defaulted to "Firestorm" mode, and my inventory was a mess (the items were still there, but not organized as they normally were for me).

On your login screen, be sure to look for the mode setting in the bottom right corner, and select whichever one you're accustomed to running.

Good luck!

seanabrady wrote:

You should also try downloading the latest viewer directly from Linden Lab and see if your inventory loads there. If it does not you can contact LL support to have them verfy that you do not have any broader corruption in your inventory. You have to try on the Linden viewer first though not on a third party viewer.

The viewer only downloads the inventory from the asset database to a local file.  Sometimes the local file is corrupt, didn't download correctly or the inventory just needs to be reloaded.  There is a 99% possibility that one of the other fixes mentioned on this thread will fix the problem.  If not the OP can contact the Firestorm support team, through the Firestorm support group chat, which almost always answers immediately and provides excellent service.

If there is an issue with your inventory on the asset server any and all viewers would be effected the same way. In addition, you can't talk to Live Chat or file a support ticket for this problem unless you are a premium member.  The only support ticket available for inventory issues for Basic members is if you can't rez an object in your inventory.

If the separate viewers are set to the same cache folder, this may cause issues as well.

I use(d) all these viewers in the past between SL and Opensim, with main, alt and offline test accounts, and I ensure that each and everyone one of them have their own cache folder. At least one per viewer to ensure there is no corruption.

If you have reset your cache, and as stated by Amethyste to open up the main SL viewer and your inventory appears, then this may be the issue.

I've had this happen in the past only when sharing viewers with the same cache path.

Now I have SL_CACHE, FS_CACHE, S_CACHE,etc for each viewer.

Christin73 wrote:

Dispite their extensive testing, the new FS is deffenently full of bugs. Only way to see anything is on low. It keeps locking up and crashing, and laggier then usual. Funny I don't usualy have those issues on SL Viwer.

give use a few please, we could see if we have the same, just telling it's "full of bugs" means not much

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.