Help, can't put clothes back on!

Yeshar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just joined SL yesterday, and this morning I found a quiet place to put on some clothes that I bought. When I signed up, I chose the Iliana character (vampire). When I tried to wear my new clothes, I was told

"Could not attach object.

Exceeds the attachment limit of 38 objects"

So I took off the corset dress, but it still won't work – and even worse, now I can't put the original clothes back on! I have even tried taking off some other items such as shoes and bracelets, hoping to make some space for clothes, but to no avail. I'm basically stuck here naked! :matte-motes-agape:

I've also tried changing into different avatar's skins, but I keep getting the same message ...

Nothing is working at all – not even the 'Animation Overrider' (whatever that is) which I removed, or any of the jewellery that I've taken off. How can it be that I was able to wear those items, but once I remove them from my character, I can't add them again?

Open trhe 'worn' tab of your inventory to see axactly what you are wearing/is attached to you.

The animation override or AO as they are usually known, is a scripted HUD that offers better walk options and an assortment of stands and sits.  The default SL walk is more of a waddle :)  You will in time probbaly want to get a better AO than the free onbes included with the starter avatars.

My avatar is wearing hardly anything. Under 'Current Outfit' it is showing:

• Blonde Hair (which I just created a few minutes ago while I was waiting for a reply)
  • Iliana - Lashes
  • Iliana - Lashes
  • Iliana - Shape
  • Carla - Skin (which I used to replace the Iliana skin, although it doesn't seem to make a difference what skin I wear)
  • Iliana - Shoe Base
  • Iliana
  • Iliana - Eyes

I even removed things such as the bat that was following me around (which I can't re-add either).

Definitely less than 38 items, and as I said, even items that I was wearing before which I try to add back to my character can't be added because SL claims that the limit has been exceeded.

It seems to have been a bug – after logging out and back in again, it is now working. I also found out that I had to teleport to a sandbox to put on the new items, so I'm back in th eclub where I ended up last night, happily dancing! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.