Teleporting problems within my land

Loli Lusch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of teleporter scripts that can run on an owners land? I have rentals on my land and the teleporters have been working great. I added some new lofts and the teleporters I added with them aren't working. When I test it, my avatar gets tp'd to a random place on my sim, and the teleporter disappears from its spot and reappears at a random location on my land. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Loli Lusch

Lusch Haven & Freebies

The only limits I know of and that are listed in the wiki is that the highest you can teleport is 4096sqm and the maximum speed of the teleport can only be 10 teleports per 15 seconds. 

Other than that, without seeing the script and how you set it up, on a config notecard if there is one, it's hard to tell what the problem may be.  Some teleport systems may limit the number of destinations or range, or you could have made an error setting it up.  Check the instructions and your configuration carefully.

If the system has no limits and you're sure you set it up right, maybe the sim needs to be restarted. 

If that doesn't work, you should ask the creator of your teleporter about this problem or post your script and any config notecard, if you wrote it or have an open source one you use, in the LSL scripting section.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

if you are using auto configuration teleporters they might see to many others.

The old ones with LM in it will most likely work better.

Network teleporters auto configure.  The most useful ones for landlords have an ability to have more than one network.  You can set this up with either a config notecard or by what you put in the name or description of the item, depending on the script.  Usually this involves using a unique name for each network. The telporters that don't have that name ignore teleporters with this name. For example if a landlord wants to use the same network teleporters for all tenants but doesn't want one unit to be able to teleport to the locations another unity uses they can just use a network name for each rental. 

Reading the instructions for the teleporter will let the OP know if this is the kind she has.  However if the problem she's having is one network having too many teleporters the instructions should tell her what the limit is per network.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.