Friends

Islandbutterfly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

The technical procedure:  Right click an avatar, select Add/As Friend.  If they accept your offer of friendship, you will get a message and they will appear in your Friends list.

The etiquette:  Most people in SL will not accept an unsolicited Friends request.  You should talk with a person for a while first, and if they seem nice and you want them as a friend, ask, "may I add you?" If they say yes, THEN send the friends request.

• Like 1

My prefered method.

1. Explore and find some places you like that have people.  I don't do clubs but you may like them.  You can search for events or groups with keywords that interest you.  "books" for example. Find places with people.
  2. After a few days of exploring, pick one or two that are your favorite.
  3. Go to your favorite spot.  Hang-out, join a conversation even if it is just a line once in a while.
  4. Greet people as they come in..  If someone leaves and gives a reason, try to remember what they said -- take notes if you have to -- so you can ask them about it when you see them again.
  5. Act like you belong there: after 3 to 5 days, you will.

Next ... friends.

1. First and formost. ZERO NEGATIVITY!!!  "Work sucked" never needs to be said.  Never mention what you don't like. Say only positive things.  BE positive is better but if you are not there, fake it until it becomes natural.
  2. Ask questions about other people.  Refer to your notes in step 4 above if you need to.  Be interested in other people's lives.
  3. Be happy to see someone you have met before.
  4. Accept the friend requests you will soon be receiving.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.