THey take my lindens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was using sploders, fishing, games and all I can when in a sploder when I join to the group they took 100 lindens of my account, and I don't have any notification about that, I want that back, I don't say yes  to that and I spend all my day in that 100 lindens.

9e72f7d9-4c04-e4a0-d84b-500b795cfcf7

SophiaMell

0e5b6822-79b6-4e94-8250-587d783a758

Some groups have charges when you join. This is shown on the page where you join so it wasy to see.

But as well all groups in second life have the ability to make their users pay for any land and advertising charges.

This is something YOU need to check. On the groups dialog, "Members & Roles" 1st level tab, then "Role" second level tab scroll through the Allowed Abilities and look for a tick next to "Pay group liabilities and recieve group dividends"

That being ticked means every member of the group will pay each week.

If you find a group like this you can leave the group to stop being charged next week.

You won't get money back

Look on your dashboard at your transaction record to see if the payment was to join the group or pay group liabilities.

If there was a fee for joining a group, you are told that on the group info page and also when you join it in the dialog box that has the Join, Decline, and Ignore Buttons.  You may just not have been paying attention. 

If you paid a fee to join the group, you're out of luck since you were told that there was a fee.  However there is nothing to lose by contacting the group owner and asking politely for a refund, explaining that it was your mistake for not paying attention.  Don't leave the group until you do this, so they can see you are indeed a group member.  Be prepared to be ejected from the group too when your money is refunded.

If it's payment of group liabilities, then contact the group owner and let them know.  Many owner's don't realize they have to uncheck this in the group roles page.  Some may refund any money you were charged, but are not obligated to do so.  You can also leave the group to avoid any further charges if the owner won't change that or you can't contact the group owner.

When you join a new group be sure to pay attention if there is a fee to join.  Once you are a member, go to the Members and Roles tab, the the Roles tab.  Look at the role you were assigned and in the bottom box under Accounting see if 'pay group liabilities and receive dividends' is checked.  If it is, then leave the group if you don't want to pay these charges. 

LL will not refund any money you paid for a group.  It is your responsibility to check the group both before and after you join.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.