HAS ANYBODY ELSE NOTICED since the new update some of my clothes no longer fit?

SPIRITUALxCOUNSEL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As mentioned since the new update with the skeletal features I've noticed some of my dresses no longer fit, eg skin bleeds through. It's mostly around the shoulder blade/mid to upper back area.

I have a Maitreya Lara mesh body and unfortunately I cannot always resolve this issue with the Maitreya Alpha Hud either.

Surely this cannot just be happening to me?

3 answers to this question

If you use your Maitreya HUD carefully, you should be able to apply alpha masking to specific sections of your av body rather than just the broad areas (Chest, Back, Arms, Pelvis ...) set with the big buttons in the middle of the HUD.  Of course, you could also use the sliders in Edit My Shape to make your classic body a bit smaller so it doesn't poke throuigh the mesh body.

FWIW  and to answer your main question, my alt has a Maitreya Lara body and hasn't noticed anything unusual since Bento went live.  Your post is the first I've heard of anyone mentioning a problem.  For now, then, it's just you.  :smileywink:

• Like 1

Are you sure this is something new and not just something you haven't noticed before? It's a well known issue with fitted mesh and I haven't noticed any more of it with the new skeleton. In any case, it can often be corrected with very minor tweaks to your body shape.

• Like 1

Simlpe answer, no.

Presumably you mean the Project Bento update. Bento ONLY affects things that are rigged to the new Bento Bones. Since existing content, like your Maitreya body and Maitreya fitted clothes. are not weighted to Bento Bones it has no effect.

Bento was enabled on the main grid for sometime, months. Dec 5 the main viewer updated. But, many of us have been using the Proj Bento RC viewer for 2 or 3 months. The same with the Firestorm Preview Viewer.. If either of these viewers had changed how avatars using only the previous standard bones worked, we would have had a flood of complaints.

Your problem is elsewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.