Hello .. when my wife wear the wedding rings them i saw her avatar totlay blue color .

Dream Millar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It means that your wife's avatar is right on the border to trigger your anti-avatar-lag filter and the wedding ring is just enough to take her over the threshold.

Or maybe the wedding ring is so render heavy it can activate the filter all by itself, some jewelry actually is.

More about it here:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-Rendering-Complexity/ta-p/2967838

Edit: You can increase the filter's threshold in your graphics preferences and even disable it completely, but you really should be careful with that. The filter is there to keep lag level down and also protect out computers from overload. Set it higher than you hardware can manage and you may end up with serious problems.

• Like 4

Chin Rey's right on the money.  You can also set your viewer so that it always renders your wife, no matter how much jewelry she's wearing, while still using your default complexity settings to render or not render other avatars.  This setting is not persistent from one session to another.

• Like 2

Since the others already explained the technical site of things, I'm going to add a bit of future advice: Since we have the ability to now clearly see which items are ressource intensive and which aren't, I would always suggest to pay attention to that, when making future purchases (an additional reason to test a product before buying it).

And if I were your wife, I would look for a different wedding ring. If her ring increases her rendering costs so much, the chances are high, that she won't be able to be seen by many people, especially if her ARC number is behond 300.000 (a number many, even with good computers, use to "cut off" whos avatars get rendered for them).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.