receiving land refunds

Ayumi Banufong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an issue...

My partner and I have been renting a plot of land. After having issues with a neighboring plot using money sploders to bring in traffic and causing massive lag several times a day, and the land lord doing little, we decided to move. We still had 2 weeks left on the plot when we terminated, but the land lord is refusing to refund our rent. That is 4800L. Is there anything that can technically be done about this or do we have to just take the loss?

The land lord is saying he can't refund us because we made the action to terminate, and said it's a rental box issue, but this doesn't sound right to me.. can anyone help me figure this issue out?

14 answers to this question

You mentioned a rental box, if he uses HippoRent, they usually say in the chat info when you click them whether its set for refunds or not & it should give you a NC which will either have his rental agreement on it or the default info that comes with the box if he didn`t bother to fill it in.

So techincally it wasn`t a rental "agreement" since he didn`t tell you what you were agreeing to, you can try arguing logic with him, but at the end of the day if he doesn`t want to give you a refund nothing is going to force him to & he knows that & if you annoy him he`ll likely just mute you.

Depends how much you want to try and talk him round :)

No we did not send an abuse report on it, we took pictures and sent it to the land lord because he is the sim owner, and the owner of several other sims. He said that because it was "not in excess" there was nothing he would do. He said he had spoken to them about making it less often during the day. But after a certain point during the conversation he will just stop answering you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.