Use of auto-rezzer to defeat Parcel Encroachment - Still ongoing

GingerHenderson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As of today, I still dont see anything in any Jira or here if there is any way besides filing tons of AR on this matter. 

I had issues a few years ago and same griefers have had success using this trick to promote their agenda.

If anyone has any new sources or advice on the best way perhaps to AR such things would be appreciated.

You will need to use something like Firestorm's incredibly handy Area Search to find the original prim, the one that is rezzing. 

You can do that with a filter to the griefer's name. Use beacons. Limit to 20M from the object, as this is more than a rez can be (unless there is scripted moving in the rezzed items.)

Inspect the items until you find one with contents that match what is being rezzed.

AR that item. 

The rez distance is 10m but that is meaningless since the rezzed object can move after the rez. So I would put the rezzer into a christmas tree far far away and name it christmas tree. Have fun finding it.

You are definitely not thinking bad enough. I'd have even more nasty ideas if I'd want to grief. :D

Assuming you have contacted the parcel owner and had no success getting them to act, AR's are the only way.  If this is on LL owned land you could file a support ticket and ask that a Linden come out and get rid of it and turn on no rezzing or object entry on that parcel.  

If you know where the object is and use Firestorm or some other third party viewers you can block the owner and derender particle generator permanently so you don't see it or the particles.  Of course everyone else on your parcel will see it, but you can tell them to do this too.

Nova Convair wrote:

The rez distance is 10m but that is meaningless since the rezzed object can move after the rez.

Thats why I put that in brackets. ;)

The lesson could be *very* complicated, sometimes it can be tricky tracking a rezzer that is warping around the sim, or replicating a new rezzer and llDie()'ing or even shielding itself with fast dying shells at the same location. But the general idea is the correct place to start.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.