Sign in to follow this  
agentronin

Customizing Alpha Patterns for Specific Outfits on Aesthetic Mesh Body

I have a Niramyth Enzo avatar (this is mesh). I need to know where the alpha information is stored in this avatar because I need a different alpha pattern for different outfits. I thought this would be in "AESTHETIC - [Alpha] Full Body - Visible Eyes" so I created an instance of it for each needed alpha pattern. But I found the alpha information does not seem to be stored there. Please tell what Enzo object needs to have its own instances for different alpha patterns to be stored? Is it the clothing layers?

When I created the new instances of "AESTHETIC - [Alpha] Full Body - Visible Eyes" I renamed them to make it easy for me to keep track of which of which instance would go with which outfit. Could that have broken something?

Your are asking technical questions that only the creator can answer for you. 

The alpha patterns are probably not stored in the body at all but in the script that controls them, by UUID number.  I am sure that script is no mod. 

Renaming the body itself may have broken it as some scripts depend on names to function properly but only the creator knows for sure.

Mesh bodies don't need an alpha mask that you make like you do for the classic SL body. Most mesh clothing for the Aesthetic is made for it and rigged so you don't need an alpha to wear it. Otherwise, you have to use the alpha cuts that are included with the body in the hud. That's an intergral part of the body scripting so won't be available to designers. You'll have to design your mesh clothing to either work with the provided alpha cuts or get the developer kit and rig your mesh clothing to fit the Aesthetic body without alphas.

Clothing made for rigged mesh avatars can indeed be rigged for a given avatar, so as not to need alphas. But in practice, most of my mesh clothing for my mesh avatars *does* need alphas.

As I understand it, only a few of the mesh avatar makers will share the appropriate rigging info with clothing creators, so the creators have to do it by trial and error. Making use of the avatar's alpha system makes this a whole lot easier. A lot of my rigged clothing automatically turns on the appropriate alpha system when I wear it, and the alpha's are unnoticeable till I remove the clothing.