anybody lose their inventory recently?

Raul Isodo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

in the last couple days, I somehow lost 2/3 of my inventory.  All body parts, except what I was wearing, all clothes, except what i was wearing, all pics, most textures, all notecards, all my builds, except what was on my land. just a few random objects lingering.  I discovered this when i was going to change outfits, and it told me the outfit was empty.  When I went to check, sure enough ALL my outfit folders were empty.  When I went to re-create an outfit, that's when I discovered the items were actually missing from inventory.  Now all I have is a bunch of empty folders!  Not happy.  :(

I found some very strange things going on in invetory this week. Folders in VERY bizarre places; folders that I seldom go into two levels down etc.  You CAN actually lose inventory although plenty of people will tell you that it is just "you" :D.  If you have done all the tricks to get the viewer seeing inventory, a last thing you might try is installing a different viewer and seeing if your inventory is still missing.  You can put in a support ticket but I haven't known anyone who actually had that work.

IF you have been over to the beta grid (probably not too likely) there was an issue with the double inventory feature there awhile ago. Someone also reported that Agni inventory wasn't showing up on Aditi this week. "I" haven't been over to the beta grid this week, so that's not MY issue :D

Sorry; been there many times unfortunately. Now I try to rez as much as I can which sometimes protects things. Of course you can't rez clothes and things.  

Good luck. 

my best friend in SL recently lost a ton of stuff. She was gone from SL for i assume about a year.

I, on the other hand, was gone for about 4 years and didn't really lose anything that i noticed.

Suppsedly there is some new feature that has photos in INV so you can see what your junk is, but i do not know how that works. I guess that new "upgrade" caused problems.

It's possible for folders or their contents to sometimes accidentally slip inside other folders, so they look like they've gone. This is  most likely to happen when one is reorganising inventory.

You've probably checked for this, but just in case you haven't . . . type in the name of something that's missing and see if it's still there in a folder within a folder.

Also presumably you've checked your 'lost and found' folder!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.