Another Someone Searching for Friends

Lacey Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Came back to sl a few weeks ago. I worked on putting myself together a little and now am looking for friends to hang out with and explore sl together. I like the beautiful places, the interesting or disturbing and anything from time periods in the past or future. I'd like to go dancing with friends. I've met some folks but most just want to chat because their computer can't handle most areas. I really would like to actually actively explore places with others.
I'd also like us to have some commonalities so here are some things I can think of.
I love mesh and spend most of my time playing dress up in a skybox. I bought nearly every hair Truth had on sale during the black friday event. I enjoy music from classical till today and enjoy especially music from the 20's-90's. I would rather listen to calm, beautiful or happy music if I'm picking the station. I love retro fashion/sims/influences. I speak in sentences and prefer text to voice. I am a happy realist and am never bored. I might be considered nerdy or deviant when you get to know me. I would like to explore roleplay but not as a rule to be in character thing, just as a fun now and then experience. I'm not interested in being a furry or vampire.
Chat with me here or inworld. I ignore rudeness.

Perhaps it would be best if you first defined "friends". If you want the fake electronic type I can hook you up with a bunch. If you're using the word in the literal sense I'd want to first ask why you're here. Almost everyone is here for a reason it seems, the only question is how ready they are to share it. (Normal friendships tend not to be based on roleplay and BS).

Someone is not having a great day, or what? I find Lydia explains very clear she is looking for a friend ( how to define a friend... you first start defining an electronic type of friend and how to hook up with those?)

Why is she here? Read her post! 

Everything in SL is based on RP in some sort of way (this is not a pixelated form of Skype, our avatars are pixel dolls and if we wanted to act like IRL all the time we would just open the front door and walk outside) and yeah,50 % is just BS.

Nonetheless, some ppl would like to make friends trough all the RP and BS, just to RP and talk some more BS. We already have "normal" friends IRL, why be lonely in SL?

Wow, you can really take all the fun out of something. Wonder why you even took the time to react.

To Lydia: I think you post is clear and friendly, hope you find some great friends!

Lydia Greymyst wrote:

Came back to sl a few weeks ago. I worked on putting myself together a little and now am looking for friends to hang out with and explore sl together. I like the beautiful places, the interesting or disturbing and anything from time periods in the past or future. I'd like to go dancing with friends. I've met some folks but most just want to chat because their computer can't handle most areas. I really would like to actually actively explore places with others.

I'd also like us to have some commonalities so here are some things I can think of.

I love mesh and spend most of my time playing dress up in a skybox. I bought nearly every hair Truth had on sale during the black friday event. I enjoy music from classical till today and enjoy especially music from the 20's-90's. I would rather listen to calm, beautiful or happy music if I'm picking the station. I love retro fashion/sims/influences. I speak in sentences and prefer text to voice. I am a happy realist and am never bored. I might be considered nerdy or deviant when you get to know me. I would like to explore roleplay but not as a rule to be in character thing, just as a fun now and then experience. I'm not interested in being a furry or vampire.

Chat with me here or inworld. I ignore rudeness.

(Perhaps I should have forewarned, the mere suggestion that that their entire world may be nothing more than a house of cards tends to provoke an emotional response in the first group. If and when you set eyes on them in RL, the reason for this becomes somewhat clearer).

I'll send you a friend request online and try to help you run around and get situated through freebies and store gifts that I know of if you like. 

If not there is an area here in the forum that talks about your avatar just like there is this section .. titled making friends :). Its a little bit of process to figure out how to change and unbox ect... there are some wonderful helpers in some of the places designed to do that in sl.  I can steer you there too.

Well thank you Vanilla for coming to my rescue. The damsel in distress bit does look good on me... but only in roleplay..

I know friendships take time to build at least real ones ;).  Maybe the Lindens in their wisdom should have named this section of the forum making aquaintances and there would be little to quibble over ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, feel free to look me up, I would promise to look you up, but I have to be honest with you, I tend to be scatterbrained and at the moment I have access to the forums via WiFi and my IPad, but not SL, so by the time I get on SL, I probably will forget t IM you 

We have some things in common and some differences. I do not love mesh, the whole thing makes my little brain hurt, and while I might get there someday and make the switch, I still, after. Year and a half use a system avi. I still love to play dress up though, and probably buy something new everyday, it is certainly everyday when you average it out.

i am very busy. I am an artist in SL, and a free lance exotic dancer, that is how I finance my shopping habit. I also RP as Mommy to two adorable kids. I have a lot of people on my friends list, most of whom are guys who somehow got the mistaken idea that my purpose in SL is to help them jerk off. I admit that it is a service I am willing to perform for a fee. I also prefer text to voice, the connections between my brain and my fingers seem much better than the ones between my brain and my mouth. I love exploring, especially looking for locations that can be used for pictures for my art. My art consists of virtual painting created with pictures taken in SL and then made to look like paintings with a computer.

i have 4 homes and 3 stores and I am always looking for my next spot in SL. If any of this sounds interesting drop me a line in SL. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.