Need help...script error?

Bellamora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! Hopefully I posted this in the right place.I just started SL a couple of days ago and I love it but now I am running into problems.I have been wearing an AO for my walking and it was working fine until today. I notice now it does not work and when I take it off I get this script warning error : Script trying to take controls from owner but PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS permission not set! Script trying to take controls from owner but PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS permission not set! The AO was included with a pair of boots I got.It was also included with other outfits so I tried the other ones on and still nothing. I have tried relogging,restarting my pc,and just going and getting them again but they still won't work. Can anyone help or have any suggestions? Thank you so much

Make sure that you are on a sim that allows everyone to run scripts when you attach the AO.

You can also try resetting the scripts in the AO, right-click the AO (or HUD if it is a HUD) go to edit and to the tools or build menu at top of screen (depending which viewer you are on) and click "reset scripts in selection".

If it is still being borky, the best thing to do is IM the creator, its always possible he made a badly scripted item...It happens :)

Ok...I tried what you said but the option to reset scripts is greyed out so I can't pick it...do you know why?I'm  supposed to be wearing it to edit it right? Because that is the only way I can get the edit option to come up.

Scratching my head still over this one..:smileysad:

It's not surprising that the edit option is grayed out.  The script is almost certainly no mod.  There are usually other ways to reset, though. When I write a script for something that is meant to be attached, like a HUD, I generally script in a short piece that forces the script to reset when it's attached.  If you haven't already tried, take your AO back into inventory and then wear it again.  If your scripter was like me, that should reset it.  You might also try removing the configuration notecard (that is, copy it back to your inventory, delete it from the AO, and then drag the copy back into it).  That action may also reset the script, depending on how it's written.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, I have an AO named 'neecie AO( wear to use)' which was gifted to me yesterday, and it worked fine

but today, after changing my avatar around and re-adding the AO it is now not working.

Instead there is a script warning/error that popped up: 

Script trying to take controls from owner but PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS permission not set!
Script trying to take controls from owner but PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS permission not set!

How do I get this fixed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.