I live on a G skybox, but want A sim stuff. With group and security up, will my account get banned?

LilStarBurst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I live on a G skybox, but want A sim activites. With group and security up, will my or my friends accounts get banned? My landlord says i'm fine as long as i have the space enclosed for privacy with the group tag and security up. I dont know if i can trust that so i needed to reach out to LL for the right answers.

5 answers to this question

No you are not safe.

General Parcel_lght_G.png

A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity.  Sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds" or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions.

General regions are areas where you should feel free to say and do things that you would be comfortable saying and doing in front of your grandmother or a grade school class. Institutions such as universities, conference organizers, and real world businesses may wish to designate their regions as General. Likewise their users (and others) may wish to employ Second Life's General search setting to focus and filter search results appropriately.

Some landowners and Residents desire a Second Life experience distinct from the activity that occurs in Moderate and Adult regions. Region owners who wish to host this sort of Second Life experience can (but need not) designate their regions as General. 

If you are a region owner and you feel there is some ambiguity as to whether your content and activities are allowed in General regions, it's probably best to designate your region as Moderate.

Your landlord is just telling you that to keep you as a tenant.  You must move to an M or A sim to engage in ANY adult activities.  In an M sim, it must still be behind closed doors and with the land set so that avatars outside your parcel can not see avatars inside your parcel.

Anything less and you could very well be banned.

I disagree with the lovely Amethyst on one minor point.  You are not required to set the privacy feature on land in order to protect the innocent eyes of the neighbors from your Adult activities on Moderate land.  For one thing, if they're camming in behind your closed doors, they aren't "innocent."  For another, the G, M, and A policies were put in place before the land privacy feature even became available.

Your landlord is technically wrong.  As Amethyst and others point out, Adult content and activities are not permitted in General regions.  And, even if you have access limited and privacy enabled, if someone reports you for violating the Maturity policy, you could get suspended or banned.

In a practical sense, though, your landlord is probably right.  While there is a small chance of getting in trouble, with access limited and privacy enabled, there is little chance you will be observed and reported.  (But if you do, and you are, the defense "Lindal said it was OK" will not save you.  You Have Been Warned.)

EDIT:  I stand corrected, Amethyst is right.  I still think your risk is low...but it's easy, and a lot safer, to move to an M or A region.

G land is accessable by real life teenagers. As such the rules are strict, and they are enforced.

Although your land agent says it's ok, the Lab are going to be ruthless should someone ever report you. And you will be reported by someone.

It is trivial to call up Firestorm's area search and look at every object in the sim - and there are countless people who will be stalking your objects to make sure that they help protect the kids.

Move to an M rated sim.

Actually it now does:

The Official LL policy on Adult activity on Moderate Land says:

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

• Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel. If it is group-access only, the group must not be freely open to join.
  • Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel.
  • Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.