Empty Listing Names in the Manage Listings section

RobertEroicaDupea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have just made a store, and after a little bit of trouble (not all my folders got added to the Manage Listings page), now I have 5 more items listed there, than I should have.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of them, deleting them in the various ways the page apllows brings up a green 'Successfully removed!' message but they are still there.

Here is a gyazo to show what I mean:

https://gyazo.com/2c68a8657393b2bd519df4faa6441063

Anybody know how to get rid of the empty listings?

From my experience, that is exactly how the VMM "manage listings" works.

~ The 5 nameless listings are ghosted, so that means that you probably tried every which way to delete them and the system has now ghosted them. When I first set up my store under the VMM format, I tried to delete my "nameless" listings, and ended up with a handful of ghosted listings.  Nothing can be done about them - there were JIRAs on this long ago and they were never adequately resolved. Maybe LL can manually delete them for you if you file a support ticket.  I just ignore them.

~ The Top Selling Products list shows everything you have ever listed and cannot be changed or adjusted.  I've got the ghosted listings in there, as well as my test cubes, etc.  Merchants have asked if this report could be cleaned up and if we could remove discontinued items from the list, but to no avail. 

~ Going forward, when you first list items, if the name field is blank, go into edit the listing and manually type it into the field.  If you list only in English, make sure that all the language tabs are completely blank (check the other languages because the item name was probably inserted in one of those tabs - delete it from there).

~ With regard to your active listings (the 15), as long as that's what you want in your store and they are not duplicates of each other (which is considered item spam), then you're fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.