Why can't I use most of the features in the new SL?

Inari Moonwall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Yeah I did understand that, but the new viewers use the web for search and profiles so some browser problems are affecting inworld functions now...fun eh lol

Do you only have this problem on the latest viewer or have you made some changes to your computer? Check your firewall isn`t blocking anything & test whether or not you get the same message on other viewers.

I am only having this problem on this latest viewer (It won't let me log into any other viewers, says I had to update). I have already shut off my firewall for a little to test that theory. And nope I do not change things on my computer often (Other then necessary updates to things.)

Test with one of the TPVs, Firestorm and Kristens are based on the v2 format if you prefer that viewer, but testing with any of them will show if the problems you are having are viewer specific. https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Several people seemed to find the latest viewer won`t work with their systems for some reason, though I haven`t seen one with the particular message you are getting.

Inari Moonwall wrote:

It appears to be a viewer issue.

I can use all of the features in Firestorm, however I am not really a fan of using Third Party Viewers.

But Thanks for fixing it. I will just be happy to be able to search things now!!

I agree that you should be able to use the viewer you want,  proving that it is viewer specific you now know there is nothing wrong with your set up. Check to see if anyone has started a JIRA (bug report) for your particular issue and if not create one yourself, so that hopefully you will be able to switch back with the next updated version. As I said I haven`t seen anyone mention that "No Proxy Found" error before & it could help fix other connected issues too with the more info they get on bugs.

At least in the meantime you will be able to access SL on Firestorm, which is better than no SL :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.