Question for the community about a possible IP issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If the creator of any object believes another breaches their IP then they can file a DCMA takedown notice.  "Looking like" is specifically not a breach of IP rights so the first claim Neurolabs made against Edge is invalid from your description.  Anyone whose objects are the subject of a takedown notice can appeal it with LL, the objects will then be reinstated.

After that it's a matter for the RL courts.  Anything else is just drama so there are two questions - a) can Neurolabs prove that Edge/Pixlight have copied their objects (NOT just made something "like" them)? b) are they willing to go to court over it?

IP is a bit more complex than that. Neurolabs hasn't invented egg chairs - they've been around in the real world for much longer than SL even exists.

If Neurolabs thinks this infringes on their IP, they need to resolve that personally. SL is chock-full of stolen content. Search for Lamborghini, Boeing, Gucci, Armani or any other brand name in SL... I'd be very surprised if these content rippers...er...creators... obtained permission. Same goes for textures, sounds, even animations.

Okay, if I'm getting this correctly, Pixlight bought the sculpt textures from Edge in order to create their product. If so, they may not even be aware of the issue between Edge and Neurolabs. In which case, they should be informed by Neurolabs and take it down until it's been settled. At least I would take it down... better to be safe than sorry.

I'd also be concerned that they're giving something away in world while charging for it on MP. If I'm not mistaken that's against LL policy, unless something has changed in that regards of which I'm unaware.

...Dres

ETA: a sentence

i don't think there is any IP issue at all if you look at the first chair and compare it with the other two the concept might be similar but the first chair uses different sculpting for the tounge and teeth if someone wanted to sculpt a similar chair there's nothing stopping them, if it was an exact prim for prim sculpt for sculpt copy i could see where the IP issue was 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.