Sign in to follow this  
Ayva Meili

Brendens? Tracking IPS? How to stop it.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but we have avatars named Brenden following us. They come to our store and then odd places where we are. This started before I was with my husband/partner. How can someone follow you to sims you are visiting? None in particular just random places we visit. This has been going on a while. When we ban one from store land, another will come and just enter the region and leave. Don't think they're bots but does anyone have this problem. Brendens love us!

Also these avatars are around (7 years 6 months; 2741 days) the only thing that differs is the last name  and the days, they are a few days apart.. They are tracking ip's is what it is. Is this legal and how can this be stopped?

They're not saying a word just coming and leaving. A female with the same birthdates did too so there's more than just that name. Makes no sense and not sure what can be done. Now there are Riley's Brendens and a Heaven too.

Search the forum, those bots show up on lots of the grid and thgey aren't targeting you. The one method an avatar like that could use to get your IP address, media on an attachment, is disabled by default in all the viewers.

they aren't tracking IP's...

the only ones that can are broadcasting media or music ... all dj's in sl who handle their own stream can see where you are... close... not precise

Alwin is right, just to clear.

The IP tell where you are in RL - where the next backbone of your internet provider is. For me that´s the next major city 70 miles away with 1000s of people using this same backbone. So, the IP is pretty useless to find your RL home.

In SL, the IP is useless to track someone.

Monti

They are bots but they are definately not tracking IPs.

There are a few swarms of sim jumpers, plus a swarm around the blake sea as well.

The best reason I could come up with is someone has a fancy online tracker that shows where any avatar is on mainland that they are tracking - super stalking. But that is very much conjecture.

Thank you all but wow  Christhiana, I read that and it makes absolutely no sense. There are Brendens and Rileys we've seen and a Heaven too. There are lots of them. Thanks everybody.