sim wont stand.tried stop animating didnt work tried logoff and on didnt work please help!!!

KathrineSbaby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

for 2 days now i havent been able to get my sim/person whatever it is to stand up. i tried the stop animating me button it work for 5 seconds and when i would start walking again it stopped working and she was sitting all weird like again. i tired logging off and then back on that didnt do anything. im thinking i might have to just make an entire new account if there is nothing else i can do to make it stop. please anyone who can help me just let me know. im still very new to this and its only been 4 days of this.

7 answers to this question

If this is happening whereever you go it will be caused by something on your avatar, reset your avvie to default, depending which viewer you are using this is done here:

Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Male (or Female)
or
Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Male (or Female)

• Like 1

Aww don`t give up, it can only be a scripted animation doing it, either one you are wearing or one on the sim you are on. If it still happens no matter where you go that means it is travelling with you, so resetting your avatar or removing every single attachment and HUD & then relogging should make it stop.

You can reattach things one by one to see what was causing it then.

Peewee's suggestion is probably the easiest for getting rid of any attachment that you may be wearing that is causing this.  Another way is to open your inventory and type 'worn' in the inventory search-box.  This will show everything you are currently wearing.  You can right-click and 'detach' anything which you shouldn't have on.

Just so you know, this isn't The Sims.  'Sim' in Second Life is short for simulator and refers to an area of land, so if you tell someone in-world you're having trouble with your sim you'll get very confusing answers!  Our characters are, almost always, referred to as avatars ('avs' for short). --- And just a bit of trivia to entertain everyone: 'Avatar' is of Hindu origin and refers to a god's appearance on earth.  Yes!  We are all gods in SL :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.