Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hippie Bowman

Things that make you go ARGGGGG! Part II

Recommended Posts


valerie Inshan wrote:

I forgot to mention in my previous post something that really makes me go argggggg.

In the Answers section of these forums, people not marking their question as "answered" when they received correct replies. All these questions obviously resolved remaining on the "open" questions board... Pfff!!!

Hugs you Hippie!!!

Yes Val!  If they dont mark as answered you never know if you helped!  Sigh!  Hugs back to ya!

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banlines set up at the very edge of waterway and roadways, which give you a micro-second warning and then eject and freeze you. I ran into one of those the other day when I was gong down a river, and when I complained, the owner called me "uncivilized." (She was correct that I DO have a lot to learn, but I still don't understand, since she had quite a large parcel, why she couldn't have moved her banlines in a few feet). 

If I had run into that banline during my first days in SL I might well not have come back. As it is, I can understand why some estate owners do not allow them.  

Just venting. For now I don't have banlines up anywhere. Yes, the occasional newb drops in, but most of them are polite and I try to be courteous, because I know how confusing it is here at first*. If they are not polite, then I can just add them to the ban list, which is very short.

Just venting.

*still confused, but I'm making mistakes at a much higher level now. Ever had one of those moments when you attach a shutter to a window, and when you try it the house revolves?.........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Rufferta wrote:

*still confused, but I'm making mistakes at a much higher level now. Ever had one of those moments when you attach a shutter to a window, and when you try it the house revolves?.........

 

(:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Rufferta wrote:

Banlines set up at the very edge of waterway and roadways, which give you a micro-second warning and then eject and freeze you. I ran into one of those the other day when I was gong down a river, and when I complained, the owner called me "uncivilized." (She was correct that I DO have a lot to learn, but I still don't understand, since she had quite a large parcel, why she couldn't have moved her banlines in a few feet). 

If I had run into that banline during my first days in SL I might well not have come back. As it is, I can understand why some estate owners do not allow them.  

Just venting. For now I don't have banlines up anywhere. Yes, the occasional newb drops in, but most of them are polite and I try to be courteous, because I know how confusing it is here at first*. If they are not polite, then I can just add them to the ban list, which is very short.

Just venting.

*still confused, but I'm making mistakes at a much higher level now. Ever had one of those moments when you attach a shutter to a window, and when you try it the house revolves?.........

 

Good vent Rufferta!  Thanks for sharing!

 

 

Peace!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the new features and bugs are making me go ARGGGGGG!!!!! at the moment.

And the humidity and excessive heat in RL.

However, temporary fix of

GREAT. BRITISH. STRAWBERRIES

will put a band aid on it (yummy silver lining) :matte-motes-delicious:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Echo Hermit wrote:

All the new features and bugs are making me go ARGGGGGG!!!!! at the moment.

And the humidity and excessive heat in RL.

However, temporary fix of

GREAT. BRITISH. STRAWBERRIES

will put a band aid on it (yummy silver lining) :matte-motes-delicious:


Thanks for the arggggg's Echo!

 

 

 

Peace!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Here's a few of mine in no particular order as all are annoying:

Gestures.

Banlines/security.

Chat flooding.

"Friend" requests from strangers.

IMs from strangers.

LL have broken the ability to go phantom.

People who don't and won't remove their multiple scripts and AO HUDs adding to sim lag (a problem on vehicle sims).

Prim litter and people who don't clear up after themselves.

Huge builds in sandboxes that seem to be semi-permanent.

Spammy/overly chatty/off-topic group chats.

Griefer attacks.

Old avatars who hang about in newbie welcome areas for the purpose of humiliation or harrassment of newbies (clearly these people don't have a 1st life, let alone a 2nd life?).

People who assume you are on SL for sex.

People who insist on talking about RL when some of us go on SL to take a break from that.

Fixed teleport landing zones which dump you in the middle of a crowd of other people, and....
                                            People who will not move off teleport points after landing.

Avatar being moved to another region, usually a Hub after a sim reboot (see above).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...