Things that make you go ARGGGGG! Part II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Hi Hippie :smileyhappy:

Favoritism

Discrimination

Racial and ethnic slurs

Rank manipulation

Kudo and solution gaming

People in authority doing nothing about the above.

aclap.gif8^) Wb!!

All listed above. Especially the last 3.

+ SLU wannabe's. 

Oh and feed dwellers who have nothing to do with SL spoiler.gif

I haven't read them for at least 6 months, I just pop in to say hi every now and then :smileytongue:

99+ unread mssgs. Anyone got higher?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Hi Hippie :smileyhappy:

Favoritism

Discrimination

Racial and ethnic slurs

Rank manipulation

Kudo and solution gaming

People in authority doing nothing about the above.

aclap.gif

8^) Wb!!

All listed above. Especially the last 3.

+ SLU wannabe's. 

Oh and feed dwellers who have nothing to do with SL
spoiler.gif

I haven't read them for at least 6 months, I just pop in to say hi every now and then :smileytongue:

YAY Maryanne!  Good to see your post!  Thanks for sharing here!

Peace!

1 People who judge other people based on their lifestyle choices

2 Grumpy old men that troll the feeds looking for victims so that they feel a bit better about their own crappy lives.

3 People who enjoy seeing others publicly humiliated

4 People who chat spam in group notices.

5 People who audio spam in clubs

6 Smoking RL or SL

7 People drunk in RL on SL

8 People who aren't genuine

9 People who have closed their minds off to anything new being good

Leia36 wrote:

1 People who judge other people based on their lifestyle choices

2 Grumpy old men that troll the feeds looking for victims so that they feel a bit better about their own crappy lives.

3 People who enjoy seeing others publicly humiliated

4 People who chat spam in group notices.

5 People who audio spam in clubs

6 Smoking RL or SL

7 People drunk in RL on SL

8 People who aren't genuine

9 People who have closed their minds off to anything new being good

Thank you for sharing Leia!

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hippie!

Saw this linked somewhere else and decided to post some ARRRGGGs of my own!

1. Excessive use of exclamation marks (just kidding)

But seriously, thanks for making a place for people to vent. I agree with 99.8 or 99.9 percent of what's already been said. I will add some from personal experience, at the risk of being a smidge indiscreet:

1. Neighbors who rez 50 meter high glowing builds which go up to and include the shared property line

2. Neighbors who insist upon rezzing one glowing spinning cube after the other, as large as possible, just above the privacy fence I felt forced to rez to block the rest of it...Including, sometimes, spinning beams that circle several meters through my actual parcel.

3. Fugly glowing builds in general, anywhere on the grid. Usually these incorporate two or three bright color no texture surfaces, or two or three grainy freebie textures, which are non tileable, but are tiled in the build anyway.

4. On my own land, people who stand one meter away from the rules, on a mat that greets them with "please read our rules," and say they didn't know we had any rules. The signs they are standing 1 meter from when they say this include a pictogram of the rules and a rule giver in nine languages.

5. People who break said rules, most of which are common sense, and become indignant and argumentative or even insulting, when asked to stop. 

6. People who blame everyone except themselves, or who insist upon acting childish, but forget the standard treatment of children in real life. I.E. They never want to be sent to their room with no candy. Lol

7. In real life, or online, when I see certain phrases that are just not the right phrases, but are used so often they probably will become the correct standard. I thought about making a list of pedantic gripes for that alone, but this will do. Some examples: per say instead of the correct per se; one in the same instead of the correct one and the same; things like that get under my skin, but I never usually say a word about it. I know people will just get all crappy and indignant if corrected anyway, however gently.

Melita Magic wrote:

Hi Hippie!

Saw this linked somewhere else and decided to post some ARRRGGGs of my own!

1. Excessive use of exclamation marks (just kidding)

But seriously, thanks for making a place for people to vent. I agree with 99.8 or 99.9 percent of what's already been said. I will add some from personal experience, at the risk of being a smidge indiscreet:

1. Neighbors who rez 50 meter high glowing builds which go up to and include the shared property line

2. Neighbors who insist upon rezzing one glowing spinning cube after the other, as large as possible, just above the privacy fence I felt forced to rez to block the rest of it...Including, sometimes, spinning beams that circle several meters through my actual parcel.

3. Fugly glowing builds in general, anywhere on the grid. Usually these incorporate two or three bright color no texture surfaces, or two or three grainy freebie textures, which are non tileable, but are tiled in the build anyway.

4. On my own land, people who stand one meter away from the rules, on a mat that greets them with "please read our rules," and say they didn't know we had any rules. The signs they are standing 1 meter from when they say this include a pictogram of the rules and a rule giver in nine languages.

5. People who break said rules, most of which are common sense, and become indignant and argumentative or even insulting, when asked to stop. 

6. People who blame everyone except themselves, or who insist upon acting childish, but forget the standard treatment of children in real life. I.E. They never want to be sent to their room with no candy. Lol

7. In real life, or online, when I see certain phrases that are just not the right phrases, but are used so often they probably will become the correct standard. I thought about making a list of pedantic gripes for that alone, but this will do. Some examples: per say instead of the correct per se; one in the same instead of the correct one and the same; things like that get under my skin, but I never usually say a word about it. I know people will just get all crappy and indignant if corrected anyway, however gently.

HI Melita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    HEHEH!  

Oh thoses are some good arggggg's.  Thank you for sharing here!

Peace!

Ashy Calcutt wrote:

1. Blingy Jewelry

2. Random Friendship Requests/Teleports

3.Constant Group Invites when I didn't accept it then a min later they send another one

4. People who Judge Simply they are not a human av

5. Security Orbs  Don't have enough time to teleport out

Good argggg's  Ashy!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

Ashy Calcutt wrote:

1. Blingy Jewelry

2. Random Friendship Requests/Teleports

3.Constant Group Invites when I didn't accept it then a min later they send another one

4. People who Judge Simply they are not a human av

5. Security Orbs  Don't have enough time to teleport out

Ashy, I am sooooo tempted to send your big fuzzy nozed avi a friendship request as I teleport you to join "For Humans Only" at a kiosk I'll set right next to my sparkly, lightning fast security orb. But I'm too busy polishing the diamonds on the soles of my shoes.

Am I the only one who sees all these lists of pet peeves as challenges?

;-)

1. People telling me facts about their rl self without being asked to do so

2. People asking within the first 30 minutes for my real life informations

3. Senseless gesture spamming instead of real chatting to prevent the club looking asleep

4. Religious people who can't keep their believes inside their heads

5. Talking with a weak sound qualitiy and/or eating besides talking.

Syo Emerald wrote:

1. People telling me facts about their rl self without being asked to do so

2. People asking within the first 30 minutes for my real life informations

3. Senseless gesture spamming instead of real chatting to prevent the club looking asleep

4. Religious people who can't keep their believes inside their heads

5. Talking with a weak sound qualitiy and/or eating besides talking.

... tucks her lollipop into her cheek with her tongue while telling you all about how she got the scar on her knee from looking for bugs in the field across the street when she was eight, which was better than sitting in church and listening to... well she doesn't remember a word of it, so she doesn't know what she was listening to. Did you ever cut your knee open and get stitches or sit in a church, watching the ceiling fans and the chandeliers, Syo?

\o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ 

\o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ \o/ \0/ \o/ 

;-)

Haha, what a lovely place! I've seen a lot of my own personal gripes listed here, but I'll list them anyway.

1. Blinging anything. RL diamonds don't even do that, so why should your SL shoes? Boggles the mind...

2. Anything that talks in chat that shouldn't. Like talking tummies (I've been lucky, I've only seen one since I came back), Xcite parts (couldn't just put that away while you danced at the busy club, huh?), those bloody gestures that are incessant and are somehow always louder than the music.

3. No offense to store owners/sim owners, but you know those stores that, for some reason, the owner(s) have decided to rez every single laggy object available in SL? I know that it's your store, but why make it so difficult to get through? :P

4. Random teleports and random friend requests. Can't manage a "Hello" first, and we're going to be friends?

5. A tie-in to #4 is... the people who ONLY say "hi", then they stop talking.

6. The fact that you write up a really good profile so other people can read it... and so you've painstakingly laid out, in example, the fact that you're not looking for cyber/RL romantic relationships because you're taken and happy with that... but they don't read it. So you get into a lengthy conversation with them and suddenly you're the person of their dreams. And you're like "woo, made a friend today!" and they're like "I'm gonna marry them". Makes you wonder why you bothered. :P

7.Last, but not least, feeling like a dolt because you put up a "looking for friends" ad and haven't been on when the only person who replied has been. :( Sorry, Hippie!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Some good venting going on here!  Let it out!  It is good for you!

Peace!

Ok...

RL Altar boys farting in church when you were a kid :matte-motes-agape: and the whole school can't stop giggling ahehe.gif

Oh! SL you mean :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2: ummm...

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Some good venting going on here!  Let it out!  It is good for you!

Peace!

Ok...

RL Altar boys farting in church when you were a kid :matte-motes-agape: and the whole school can't stop giggling
ahehe.gif

Oh! SL you mean :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:
ummm

LOL Maryanne!  That made me smile!

Peace!

Syo Emerald wrote:

Well, at least you are not giving me a link to your hometown on google earth and you don't tell me you are some 45 year old guy and asking for me age in the same minute :catvery-happy:

When Google starts mapping other planets, I'll give you a link to my place... and to Perrie's. I'm 42 and (at the moment) in my basement, which was once my parent's basement. I won't ask your age. I'm sure you are old enough to know better.

Reika Enyo wrote:

Probably the most two annoying things that I hate are:

1. when people randomly add me, and dont even bother to talk with me, what's the point of this?

2. pervs asking for pixelsex, NO THANKS.

:/

Good arggs Reika.  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

I forgot to mention in my previous post something that really makes me go argggggg.

In the Answers section of these forums, people not marking their question as "answered" when they received correct replies. All these questions obviously resolved remaining on the "open" questions board... Pfff!!!

Hugs you Hippie!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.