Things that make you go ARGGGGG! Part II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.  This was posted long ago in the GD Forums, and I have added some things to it!

I am a bit curious of things that make you go "Arggg" in Second Life.  I have three things that really yank my chain!

1.  Offering me a teleport, without even an explanation.

2.  Leaving your mic open so everyone can hear your dirty laundry.

3.  IM'ing me as soon as you see me on.  (Please wait at least 5 minutes while I get my bearings.)

4.  Begging for money.

5.  Excessive gestures.  ( I don't mind a gesture or two, but a constant stream of gestures is a sure way to tork off this hippie!

OK everyone!  This is not a question.  Have some fun with it!  Run with it!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard it is sometimes to get subscribe-o-matic turned off.

Recently I was in a club that had the subscriber in several unmarked prims.  I accidentally clicked.  That was low down, sneaky, dirty.

To which I will add clubs and or group that think they need to send out a dozen notices an hour.  Or even a day.

"The show starts in an hour"

"The show starts in a half hour"

"The show starts in fifteen minutes"

"Five Minutes till the show starts"

"The show has started"

"This show is awesome"

"The show is 1/4 over"

"Half an hour left for the show"

"There is still time to get on the contest board"

"Last fifteen minutes for the show"

"Last call for boobies"

"You all missed a great show, next one is tomorrow........"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Evangeline Twist wrote:

Too many gestures drive me nuts so I tend to stay away from night clubs, I don't mind applause gestures at a live show though.

I also can't stand blingy jewelry and blingy shoes! lol

Nothing else really makes me go ARGGG!  That I can think of anyway
:)

Thanks Evangeline!  Great post!  Oh I thought of another one!  Face Lights!  ARGGGGG!  You can't walk when someone comes near with those!

Peace!

Perrie Juran wrote:

How hard it is sometimes to get subscribe-o-matic turned off.

Recently I was in a club that had the subscriber in several unmarked prims.  I accidentally clicked.  That was low down, sneaky, dirty.

To which I will add clubs and or group that think they need to send out a dozen notices an hour.  Or even a day.

"The show starts in an hour"

"The show starts in a half hour"

"The show starts in fifteen minutes"

"Five Minutes till the show starts"

"The show has started"

"This show is awesome"

"The show is 1/4 over"

"Half an hour left for the show"

"There is still time to get on the contest board"

"Last fifteen minutes for the show"

"Last call for boobies"

"You all missed a great show, next one is tomorrow........"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh yes Perrie!  The other day I went out to a place to try to unsubscribe from one of those beasts!   ARGGGG!  Could not even find the prim!  Sigh!

Peace!

• Copybots and people who posess botted items.
  • Banlines
  • Security systems that don't give enough time to read the dialog and leave the parcel.
  • People who build everything full bright. 
  • Temp rezzers that re-rez stuff as temp to go over the prim quota and lag the sim.
  • No-mod items.
  • Messy parcels with no autoreturn.
  • Neighbor's breedables that are physical and lag the sim.
  • v2
  • SL drug policy.
  • ... and giant pile of other bad decisions made by LL.

I have to say that the only thing that makes me really perturbed are the occasional miscreants who come into SL with no other intent but to cause mayhem or strife for those just trying to enjoy their SL.  The SL of today is a lot different than the one I joined back in 2006.  It was like the wild west back then compared to the present.  There were lots of things that could offend, and I can honestly say I was not as tolerant then as I am now, and it is largely because of SL.  It was the atmosphere of having such an empty canvas to create upon, the community comprised of individuals thousands of miles apart and from such a diversity of cultures, and the many fascinating ways this community was filling that canvas that taught me tolerance for other's ideas of fun and what SL is to them.  SL to me made that kind of coexistance possible in a way that RL often fails to.  So now I can allow others to experience their SL how they see fit without it affecting my SL.  I may not understand it, I may not agree with it, and if the situtation really requires I simply remove myself from the situation (peopled can be muted, particles turned off, etc.), but I've learned not to let it disturb me.   

Liisa Runo wrote:

• Copybots and people who posess botted items.
  • Banlines
  • Security systems that don't give enough time to read the dialog and leave the parcel.
  • People who build everything full bright. 
  • Temp rezzers that re-rez stuff as temp to go over the prim quota and lag the sim.
  • No-mod items.
  • Messy parcels with no autoreturn.
  • Neighbor's breedables that are physical and lag the sim.
  • v2
  • SL drug policy.
  • ... and giant pile of other bad decisions made by LL.

Great post Liisa!  Especially the temp rezzers.  If you are going to use a rezzer, make sure it is not a temp rezzer!  ARGGGGG!

Peace!

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I have to say that the only thing that makes me really perturbed are the occasional miscreants who come into SL with no other intent but to cause mayhem or strife for those just trying to enjoy their SL.  The SL of today is a lot different than the one I joined back in 2006.  It was like the wild west back then compared to the present.  There were lots of things that could offend, and I can honestly say I was not as tolerant then as I am now, and it is largely because of SL.  It was the atmosphere of having such an empty canvas to create upon, the community comprised of individuals thousands of miles apart and from such a diversity of cultures, and the many fascinating ways this community was filling that canvas that taught me tolerance for other's ideas of fun and what SL is to them.  SL to me made that kind of coexistance possible in a way that RL often fails to.  So now I can allow others to experience their SL how they see fit without it affecting my SL.  I may not understand it, I may not agree with it, and if the situtation really requires I simply remove myself from the situation (peopled can be muted, particles turned off, etc.), but I've learned not to let it disturb me.   

Oh yes Kenbro!  It is a wonderful this SL.  The mute button is a good thing too.  I don't use it very often, but I have been know to use it!  Thanks for the great post!

Peace!

~*~ People who don't appreciate others' hard work to keep their fav hangout running
~*~ Drama queens (and kings). Unless you're a friend, I don't really care if you're an abused welfare-whore with a drug addicted child. Especially since you're most likely a liar anyway.
~*~ Gesturbators, ESPECIALLY the kind with highly annoying "WEEEEEEE" screams at max volume and the damn gestures with chained-together sounds so they last for-fracking-ever.
~*~ Friend invites out of the blue.
~*~ Total strangers asking if I'd give them a ride on my horse avi. NO, I WON'T.
~*~ People who have their "friends" ask my if/why I muted them. Welcome, "friend of x", to my mute list.
~*~ HNGs (Horny Net Geeks) asking for pixelsex. Go buy a blow-up doll, please. Or try winning a darwin-award, that'd be great too.

And a lot of the things others already posted. :) Voice in local especially... pet peeve.

Jenni Darkwatch wrote:

~*~ People who don't appreciate others' hard work to keep their fav hangout running

~*~ Drama queens (and kings). Unless you're a friend, I don't really care if you're an abused welfare-whore with a drug addicted child. Especially since you're most likely a liar anyway.

~*~ Gesturbators, ESPECIALLY the kind with highly annoying "WEEEEEEE" screams at max volume and the damn gestures with chained-together sounds so they last for-fracking-ever.

~*~ Friend invites out of the blue.

~*~ Total strangers asking if I'd give them a ride on my horse avi. NO, I WON'T.

~*~ People who have their "friends" ask my if/why I muted them. Welcome, "friend of x", to my mute list.

~*~ HNGs (Horny Net Geeks) asking for pixelsex. Go buy a blow-up doll, please. Or try winning a darwin-award, that'd be great too.

And a lot of the things others already posted.
:)
Voice in local especially... pet peeve.

Big Arggggg, and great post Jenni!

Peace!

~Moderate. Maturity. Level. Why is it that Moderate isn't available on the Teen Grid?! >_< It's so annoying! "Okay, I just got this landmark to this really cool place! Let's g-" You are not allowed in that region do to your maturity rating. "FFFFFFFF-"

~ People who think 1L$ items are "free". : /

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHH!!!!

Installed the iDiot v2 to be able to attach alpha mask. Took forever to figure out the "intuitive" UI but finally managed to find my way through the meaningless buttons scattered all over the screen.. Then logged back to snowglobe just to see im not wearing the alpha mask anymore. ARGH!!!!

Why cant LL just add these couple new features to the working client? Everybody knows it will take couple more years till v2 is even near ready.

Liisa Runo wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHH!!!!

Installed the iDiot v2 to be able to attach alpha mask. Took forever to figure out the "intuitive" UI but finally managed to find my way through the meaningless buttons scattered all over the screen.. Then logged back to snowglobe just to see im not wearing the alpha mask anymore. ARGH!!!!

Why cant LL just add these couple new features to the working client? Everybody knows it will take couple more years till v2 is even near ready.

Oh yes!   Big Argg!  Thanks for venting here!

Peace!

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Hi Hippie :smileyhappy:

Things that me me go argggg

Favoritism

Discrimination

Racial and ethnic slurs

Rank manipulation

Kudo and solution gaming

People in authority doing nothing about the above.

Hi Suspiria!  Hippie waves!  All of the above for sure!

Peace!

• 3 weeks later...

piecheese wrote:

~Moderate. Maturity.
Level
. Why is it that Moderate isn't available on the Teen Grid?! >_< It's so annoying! "Okay, I just got this landmark to this really cool place! Let's g-"
You are not allowed in that region do to your maturity rating.
"FFFFFFFF-"

~ People who think 1L$ items are "free". : /

Oh yes!  Big Argggggg!

Peace!

Ok an Arggggg well maybe not an arggg but a gah from last nite.  Was on a hunt went to the next spot landed in a 4 x 4 square and was surronded by ban lines.  Sure could have just double tpd to the store but figured they didnt want people there due to the banlines so left and found the next place.

Bec Sadofsky wrote:

Ok an Arggggg well maybe not an arggg but a gah from last nite.  Was on a hunt went to the next spot landed in a 4 x 4 square and was surronded by ban lines.  Sure could have just double tpd to the store but figured they didnt want people there due to the banlines so left and found the next place.

Ahh yes!  Diffidently a GAHHHH!  Thanks for the post!  Woot!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.