Unable to Log into Mesh viewer

stvndysn Silentghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey peeps

ive been looking forward to test mesh beta viewer, but i have one big problem

i cant even log in on startup, as soon as i log it waits a few seconds then the terms and conditions box comes up but i am unable to tick the checkbox as its greyed out.

as requested by Rhett here is the build details

Second Life 2.6.0 (218701) Jan 11 2011 08:43:57 (Project Viewer - Mesh)
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (2800.08 MHz)
Memory: 3840 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit  (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9200/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.6099
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8j zlib/1.2.3 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1400

hey, have you tried manually deleting the SecondLife ProjectVierwer-Mesh directory before reinstalling the latest build?

I haven't seen any widespread issues with your config (Win 7), but maybe some other beta testers have ideas.

More questions:

Does the ToS text appear?

Have you ever logged into SL before on that machine? 

• Lindens

The ToS dialog relies on a web page that probably isn't very reliable on the beta grid.  If the ToS license text isn't appearing at all, it means this web page is failing to load.  If this is the case, can you log into the main grid at all with any viewer (use ctrl-shift-g to bring up the grid selection checkbox from the login screen, agni is the production grid, aditi is the beta grid)?  After accepting the ToS there, change your password (triggers a migration of inventory and account settings to beta grid as a side effect) and try to log into the beta grid again.

If the text *is* appearing, you may need to scroll to the bottom of the text in order for the "agree" check box to be enabled.

There is also a login issue depending on when you last or ever logged into the ADITI, beta/preview, grid. If you have never logged in it could take 24 hours, but that was supposed to be fixed.

If you have not changed your password since a login some months age (there is a date but I've forgotten it) then you need to change your password and try logging in. That change is supposed to register quickly to the ADITI grid but can take some time.

Clearing the install folder as mentioned by another is a good move. There is some problem with a file labeled winmm.dll (or somthing close to that). Removing it fixes the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.