Friend is able to get inworld but is unable to log in to the website.

ShirtlessTicklishTx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

One of my friends is able to get inworld on Firestorm using the username and password he has always used.  However, all of a sudden recently he has no longer been able to log into any portion of the Second Life website, including the dashboard, Marketplace, etc.  Each time he tries, the message comes up that the username and/or password are incorrect.  The fact that both the username and password still work on the viewer program allowing him to get inworld suggests to me that the problem is not with the username/password itself (i.e. both username and password are still valid and the password has not been changed) but instead is either a problem with the website only and/or with his browser.  Yet his browser is the newest version of Firefox for Windows, so it is difficult to believe that the browser is not sufficiently updated.  Because he cannot log into any portion of the website, he thus cannot file a support ticket.  Is there a way he can contact Linden Labs independently of the website, such as by email, to get this problem resolved?  And does anyone have any ideas about why he is able to get inworld with no problem at all, but the very same username/password combo does not work on the website?  Perhaps his Firefox is missing a crucial plugin, for example?  Thanks.

1 answer to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.