Changing what part an avatar "sits" with??

HarrisonMcKenzie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I apologize if this has been answered. I'm not sure what to look for or how to describe this.

Is it possible to change what part of the avatar is used when sitting? I'm making a climbing wall using pose balls and I'd like the avatars to hang from the holds by hand when "sitting" rather then from their pelvis. I'd like it to look right with different avatar sizes. I can position my avatar so it looks like my hand is on the hold, but the next guy won't line up right because their shape is different. If there is a way to have the hand be the rotation position for the pose ball so that the user always hangs from their hand, that be great.

Thanks.

There's not any easy solution. Your position in SL is the position of the center of your bounding box. Offsets for sitting, walking, whatever are all relative to that point. That's why people who write sit scripts commonly build in a way for users to adjust their position to compensate for differences in body size.  The same is going to be true if you use a "hanging" anim for avatars of diffent sizes.  You've have to either calculate an offset from the user's size or give the user a way to adjust it manually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.