Character consistently a cloud...my alternate char account works fine??

Victoria Mounier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had my SL account for 6 YEARS and just now it doesn't work...I have tried uninstall/reinstall three times..turns out my alternate account works just fine, but my old one does not? I have the same cloud issue others have reported, however there is no "Advanced" option within my viewer so I am unable to make it load the defaults?? I am upset because I was meeting a friend in game and wasn't able to. My friend couldn't see my character, though I was standing right in front of him?!?

Any help would be appreciated! I can see everyone elses avatars but my own...and no it isnt a graphics card issue...I'm using same graphics card as I used last time I logged in and it worked perfectly!! And with the graphics turned all the way up on my alternate account, it works beautifully...sooo what gives? I don't wish to have to start all over!!!

8 answers to this question

Firstly if you do Ctrl Alt D your advanced menu should appear and Ctrl Alt Q will get the developer menu if you are on viewer 2.

If your avatar will not load:

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base) & a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

or

Reset your avvie to default, depending which viewer you are using this is done here:
Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Male (or Female)
or
Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Male (or Female)

well most of her items are "No copy" so putting them into a folder isn't possible and when I have attempted "drag and drop" into a new folder her outfit/skin, etc never goes anywhere so its more of a matter of me remembering what she wears lol... But regardless the fix you sent me and the landmark...well they worked :) she has her normal clothes and skin on now and it's going fine so far. thank you very much!!

This happened to me to
for me the only thing wrong was that somehow my shape went missing,
took me weeks to figure that out

PS. this hapend to me on my alt acount (aka this one, and my other acount worked fine, so i know hwat you mean)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.