Firestorm behavior on new laptop

LadyEllenT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LinuxGod4u wrote:

Hello 32GB RAM guy: yes I fully recognize how you have "helped" people. I can only speculate on how many took your fictional amount of required RAM for SL as fact & wasted their money thanks to you.

Fact over Fiction

roflmao

You seem to be obsessing over the size of my RAM.

I think you won't be happy until everyone in SL is using the crappy rigs you keep suggesting.

Exposing your messianic mission  for what it is angers you doesn't it.

32GB RAM guy: roflmao when I read your ill advised SL pc component requirements; especially your varying RAM requirements for SL. Your posted criticism of my combo builds show just how little valid pc knowledge you have & how little respect you have for those who sought that accurate advice; especially those on a tight budget.. Of course, you are "assuming" Psensor (Google it since you apparently have not a clue) is inaccurate??  Hardware/Resources monitoring programs are not inaccurate; unlike your pc component Forum advice. There is a huge difference between you & I: When I am asked a question in this Forum & I do not know the answer my ego does not get in the way of me saying "I don't know." On the other hand, you just wing it based upon "stuff" you post in this Forum. Obsessing over your ridiculous varying SL RAM requirements, no but you've brought a multitude of laughter in to my life. A self-proclaimed over 15 year pc builder. LOOL

Fact over Fiction

• 1 month later...

The issue most likely is your APU-AMD graphics. For solely SL use Nvidia graphics work best. Usually with AMD graphics you'll experience slower rezzing (FPS) along with mesh rezzing issues. Here is just a suggestion:

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE62-Apache-Pro-239-i7-6700HQ/dp/B01D8VJ0B2/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1485813714&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop&refinements=p_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER

On W/10 Home x64 there are some things you can disable to make W/10-SL perform better. In the Cortana search box type: "services" ...then click on "services desktop app" ...a window opens showing all running services. You'll need to disable all services I list below by double clicking on each one...a smaller window will open....to the right of "startup type" click on the down arrow...select "disable"...click "Apply"...click "OK"...after you have disable all the services listed below you need to re-boot your pc. I am assuming you are not using a Xbox, nor need fax.

Disable List

(3) Xbox services

(ALL) Hyper-V services

Microsoft SMS router service

Fax service

dmwappushsvc

(3) Sensor services

Connected User Experiences & Telemetry

This not only severely hinders Micro$oft from data mining your personal info, but it does speed up W/10 & SL performance.

"I Love Simplicity"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.