why linden labs told me to pay $435 dollar to recover my account (friends account)

xlonelywolf666x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yeah this happened like three days ago my friend wanted to log in to her account but she could so she contact linden labs ad they email her that she needs to pay $435 dollars for recovering her account now she has that account for 6 years or 4 if i remember she has tons of avatars clothing lots of stuff but now shes giving up hoe she doesnt have that money to pay, please some one what can she do for recovering her account they just straight up told her to pay or no more account now she did used a credit card but someone stoled it and reported it please help her she needs her account back she did all legit.

4 answers to this question

nobody here can help you. Only LL can see details and what happened.

In this cases you better not talk for  "" friends" ... they have the nasty habbit to tell only half the story, you work hard to help in that and at the end you'r the one that did it, let your "friend" do the talking herself.

Also LL will normally NOT discuss this things with anybody else than the involved person.

One of the things that "your friend" [erhaps has done is left the account while there was a debt on it, so yes there's a bill waiting. Or didn't downgrade to basic while being premium.

Like any subscription... LL will want their money... one way or another.

No one could have charged on her card on SL if she had it as her payment info without her password.  Accounts can't be hacked but can be compromised if she gave someone her password, accepted an object then rezzed it and gave permission to debit her account, or clicked a link that took her to a phishing website.  Under the TOS, she is solely responsible for keeping her account secure.

I suspect she really does owe the money and just not telling you the truth.  However if she suspects someone logged into her account recently and charged her card for $L's, she can look at her transaction history to see where the $L's went. 

If she see's money sent to another avatar, then she needs to report it to LL.  She needs to be sure this is the case though.  LL will not take kindly if it wasn't and may consider it fraud.

Here's she must do:

Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
Click Submit.
Check your email for your case number.
Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990 .

Once she  does this, Linden Lab will place her account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once they have concluded the investigation, they'll send her an email explaining their conclusion and the action they will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

She should also change her password immediately.

The account have been compromised it means to say if she is a premium account it has a monthly or yearly dues if her card doesnt have enough fund to pay this second life has no choice to hold the account until such time that she can pay her dues.

when we give up premium account we should also abandon our sl house or else linden lab will continue to charnge us every month or yearly depending on your terms that you have agreed upon with sl

I don't quite understand what you say happened to your friend.  

Does she accept show owes this money to LL or does she say someone else took control of her account without her knowledge and is responsible for the debt?

Do you mean she had a credit card registered with LL but that she had to cancel the card because someone stole it, with the result that scheduled payments to LL failed when they tried to charge the card?    If that is the case, then she must give LL details of her new card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.