What dance HUD do you use?

Tess Morani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to use Henmations dance HUD but one day it just completely stopped working for no apparent reason, I logged in one day and the submenu just never pops up when clicked. I've gotten zero support from Henmations despite multiple attempts at contacting them so I'm looking for a new HUD that works. Unfortunately my googlefu has failed to find much in the way of reccomendations that aren't 3+ years old. So which ones do you use or which one would you reccomend?

I mostly use just the firestorm AO with dances in the stands section. That or just playing the animation from inventory... like for when the Timewarp comes on or I want to twist again like I did last summer!

If I am somewhere that will rezz or it has a TIS machine and friends want to use couple dances, or I do then I wear my TIS Fusion Hud.

If I want to be able to invite others or they want to click to join my dancing then I use this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ULTIMATE-Dance-HUD-ECLIPSE-Pink-Edition-25Invites/5293858

It works well, but it was a long time ago I bought it there may well be better or cheaper out there.

Huddles EZ Animator Deluxe is a bit scripty and laggy for what it does. It does do a lot but I don't use any of the other functions it provides.

I just checked and my Huddles uses 3280Kb and supports 10 dancers, my Ultimate dance Hud supports 25 dancers and uses 688Kb of memory. My TIS Fusion uses more memory 3904, but I do have it set up to support 50 dancers and it carries around 200 single dances and 150 couple dances.

I am not saying anything wrong with using the huddles, I just don't think it is a very good option nowadays.

I use the Barre hud. They have good support with a web page with complete instructions on how to use it. You can invite others to dance with you as well and can set up dance routines, which is nice when you hit some dances that come in multiple parts. For instance, I have the dance animation for the dance from Beyonce's Single Lady and from Michael Jackson's Thriller. They come in 4 or 5 parts. I have set up a notecard with the sequence that I can load up and use if I want to. You can also set up sequences for different clubs...like your 50's dances or your latin dances, hip hop, etc.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know of a hud like the Huddle that's all inclusive for an AO and dances? I'm finding memory issues with standard AOs from animators like Vista, Tuty's, etc., and never had any with my old Huddle (which has gone missing).  Thank you for any help or suggestions!!

14 hours ago, EchoRose said:

Does anyone know of a hud like the Huddle that's all inclusive for an AO and dances? I'm finding memory issues with standard AOs from animators like Vista, Tuty's, etc., and never had any with my old Huddle (which has gone missing).  Thank you for any help or suggestions!!

The new Vista AOs do this - but there's no way to add "gesture" animations unless those animations are full-perms so you can rename them to what Vista scripts want.

I use MY AO (there are four versions with deferring number of features, I use this one - the top-level): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/My-AO-4D-Amazing-AO-Device/12736180

It's a black AO, so you can include all your favorite animations from all those Aos you've acquired over the years. It has more and better features than every other AO I have ever seen (in 12 years) - unfortunately, there's no demo, but I chatted at length with the creator to be sure it does what I want - I went for it and I am FREAKING-AMAZED.

It also acts as a dance HUD, too - though no puppeteering (sharing your animation to clone others) and no Couples dances, but there are better HUDs for those. However, based on your post: My AO 4D does everything you've mentioned.

On topic (even though necro'd? I use Puppeteer - it's an awesome dance hud with new features likely not available when this thread was first created.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.