I am missing many inventory items my shape says item not found when i try to retrieve it

AngelMiu Muni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

At first i was having trouble logging in - my orig skin did not show - so I put on SL skin AND SHAPE so that I could see my avatar and rebuild it. Yesterday and today i am  NOW a cloud and  I can no longer get my original shape back.  System says cannot find this item in inventory- I tried - I did what I could understand of checking my connections with router etc - but i noticed that now i am missing aprox 10k items of inventory INCLUDING my shape that has many links from saved outfits but none work.  I am not a tech kind of person and I don't even tho I have been in SL for EVER I can't understand some of the complicated instructions that are given - Yes I still use regular avatar because i like it and have coded it to my exact taste and would like it back- Skin is there SHAPE is gone.  I use Singularity and it never gives me any trouble.  Trouble started about 2 weeks ago when music feeds started to go in and out in every venue.  help? please?

1 answer to this question

It sounds like you have a funky Internet connection and that has messed up your inventory cache.  You'll need to delete the cache manually (not with the Clear Cache button in Preferences) and force the viewer to load a fresh copy.  The most important sentence in those instructions, IMO, is the one that says "While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory."  Be patient and wait until it's all finished and doesn't say "Fetching ... " any more.

Don't be too surprised if that doesn't work.  Remember, I said you have a funky Internet connection.  Yo probably have way more bandwidth thatn you need, but the connection is unreliable.  So, first get off wireless.  Linden Lab does not recommend or support it.  Use a cable or DSL connection instead.  Then, reboot both your modem and your router and restart everything.  Unless you have a truly lousy connection, those steps should fix it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.