Whats a good place to meet people?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. You might check in the events. There are chances that you will meet people sharing your interests. Some cafes and bars are also good places to chat with others. And if you like dance and music, there are plenty of friendly clubs too. My advise would be: don't be shy, type in the local chat if you feel the people around you are encouraging conversations. I personally don't offer (or accept) frienship too quickly, but talking with others is a good start.:smileywink:

Hi Peter

2am SLT on a week day tends to be a quiet time in SL because America sleeps and Europe is working. With that in mind you could perhaps try visiting some Australian run locations. "The Shed" comes to my mind.

My favourite location for meeting a good mix of people from all across the world and enjoying different interests is "The Blarney Stone" pub in SL Dublin. You'll probably find a number of European "yummie mummies" there at this time of day.

I know finding the right place is never as easy as you would think.  If the place is too busy you get lost in the crowd.  If it is too slow the conversations drag and no one stays.  So here are my tips on finding people.

Rule #1.  When you find a place your like, join in and start acting like you belong there.  After 3 or 4 days, you will.

That is actually getting ahead of myself because we have not found someplace to call home yet, but it is important enough to go first.  You need interact.  Most places are welcoming of new people but if you just stand there, the old crew has no idea what you want, what you like or how to engage you other than saying hello.  Join the conversations.  Find common interests and say something, even if it is just "me too."  Greet people that show up and just generally start acting like this is your hangout and stop acting like an outsider.

Newbie friendly places are good places to go if you have a little patience and like to help others.  People will come to you.

Join groups, especially some of the more chatty groups.  This is a big deal for me and some of the clubs.  It is like every club wants you to join their group but if you start talking in group they slap your hand and say it is for announcements only.  To me that is a sure sign that it is not a good place to meet people.

Personal ads in Search.  Did you know they were there?  Look through them and find people looking for anything from friends, to parents to romantic interests and also places saying, "come hang out with us."

Besides clubs and music venues, you can use search to find coffeehouses, pubs and nude beaches -- yes, I am totally serious; if you are comfortable with nudity you will find friendly and welcoming people at some of the group-only places.

Hi,

It is a real pain to find people i know. A problem is that a lot of places tend to have botted traffic, or are deserted like the destination guide places. Even many of the names above adviced to you are botted. Well most of them are, but not many know that or want to expose it.

However busy and friendly places that are not botted I know are:

• Moody's: a classic café, very very very friendly and you are part of the family instantly.
  • Club Industry: the Industrial music genre is something have to like of course.
  • Dublin, There is an Irish pub and very funny to be.
  • Blackhearts: jsut avoid staff as the name is Black... Hearts. They ban easy depening on staff's mood. But it might click for you.
  • Sweethearts: however bare in mind that it is an actual 3D RL dating place. People are nice however.
  • Titanic, mostly shops, but inside the ship at the front there is an active ballroom dance.
  • New Citizens Island.
  • Most freebie places in SL. Many come there to find free stuff and it's easy to find friends.
  • Most new comer places like Ahern.
Also bare in mind that SL is the busiest from Friday, Sat, Sun and Mondays during the hours both people from the American and Europeans continents are mostly online. I would say from appr. 9.00 AM SLT to 13:00 PM SLT.
__
Best of luck, :smileyhappy:
Linda

The Destination Guide helps a ton.

When I first started, I did a POPULAR PLACES search and it displayed many places to choose from.

Try that method, then visit a handful of them and see which few appeals to you best.

I have a few places as landmarks per personal choice, the rest of them were recommended by newfound friends.

Linda Brynner wrote:
  • Sweethearts: however bare in mind that it is an actual 3D RL dating place. People are nice however.

Sweethearts jazz Is an inworld Jazz Club. in which is based on Romance in Second Life and as an added Service to Sweethearts We have created a dating site to enable people to connect dating in both, Virtual relationships or a real life relationship ( MY wife and I both Met in Sl and we wanted to help others meet the same way). It is not and never has been dedicated fully to real life dating. It was only a service that was added at a later time to enable users to better network and find dates and create lives in Second Life.

Original creation Was simply a Romantic Jazz Club where peole can go and spend time for a romantic dance or simply meet people to network in Sl

Sweethearts Has about 6 other services it offers to Sl :) And not All For Rl. Choice of the participant

Sorry just had to clear up the misconceptions of our place.. :)

HELP ISLAND?

No, stay away from that (expletive word) infested island!In the 2.5 years I have been in SL, Help Island has never been a friendly place.

Someone mentioned New citizen island, it is also known as Kuula, or NCI. That place is often populated, but if you go there, you have to of course separate who the clique members are and the ones who are not. The ones who have been in SL for years and STILL lingering there are probably, but now always, cliques. Plus if they have no SL life outside some newbie bin, how much fun can they really be?

NCI is kind of a place where people go for what they need, but most move on.

FRIENDLY RPG WHERE TO MEET NEW PPL

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Quartz%20Falls/145/4/30     This is the lm of my land called GWAIHIR
Above the video of the land itself, i am very proud of sharing it with you cause i wanted to show the sim is desert styled/ancient sim with a bit of fantasy where rpg is possible and everyone s very welcome. Gwaihir is basically a huge market but we especially welcome and teach to all new people how to roleplay and for helping em we placed a great amount of freebies and items which may help all the ones who intend joinin a particular kind of rpg.WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ? GIULIANO AND ANDROMEDA DO AWAIT YOU IN GWAIHIR TO GRAB YOUR FIRST FREE PACK TO GET READY TO ROLE
GWAIHIR MARKET all the best for your rpg.Into our stores you will find all that an  avatar needs to improve the combat or the appearance of each character.GWAIHIR MARKET aims to become a market specialized in weapons for any meter, land for events related to combat, as well as residential land,    land RPG (by the GM in this land or the many masters of arena). The magnificent buildings are available for events and weddings with a staff at your disposal.  Our homes provide a unique atmostphere for role play and a strong sense of community.  Here you will live in an Ancient World and experience all that GWAIHIR has to offer . Here 'you can live in an ancient world in constant evolution! We welcome all builders of weapons to which they make discounts on 'rent a whole store, and we have plenty of freebies and Midnight Mania.What are you waiting? Come and visit us!  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Quartz%20Falls/145/4/30 

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Quartz%20Falls/145/4/30     This is the lm of my land called GWAIHIRAbove the video of the land itself, i am very proud of sharing it with you cause i wanted to show the sim is desert styled/ancient sim with a bit of fantasy where rpg is possible and everyone s very welcome. Gwaihir is basically a huge market but we especially welcome and teach to all new people how to roleplay and for helping em we placed a great amount of freebies and items which may help all the ones who intend joinin a particular kind of rpg.WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ? GIULIANO AND ANDROMEDA DO AWAIT YOU IN GWAIHIR TO GRAB YOUR FIRST FREE PACK TO GET READY TO ROLEGWAIHIR MARKET all the best for your rpg.Into our stores you will find all that an  avatar needs to improve the combat or the appearance of each character.GWAIHIR MARKET aims to become a market specialized in weapons for any meter, land for events related to combat, as well as residential land,    land RPG (by the GM in this land or the many masters of arena). The magnificent buildings are available for events and weddings with a staff at your disposal.  Our homes provide a unique atmostphere for role play and a strong sense of community.  Here you will live in an Ancient World and experience all that GWAIHIR has to offer . Here 'you can live in an ancient world in constant evolution! We welcome all builders of weapons to which they make discounts on 'rent a whole store, and we have plenty of freebies and Midnight Mania.What are you waiting? Come and visit us!  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Quartz%20Falls/145/4/30 

• 1 year later...
  • Dublin is an awesome place to meet people. But.... It too bans easy and regulars tend to be cliquish. Many many visit but few are truely made to feel welcome, even RL Dubliners.Quality folks frequent the pub but don't "live" there. Regulars that "live" there can be very undermining and work with staff behind the scenes to keep  some people out. Staff can be very biased and there are different rules for different folks. Events are usually very good. A lot of pettiness. IF you dont get too involved you are good. I recommend hanging outside to enjoy the music and meeting people.
  • Moody's is VERY friendly and great musics! Highly recommended.
  • Fogbound is a nice blues place. They have some strict rules too but very consistent and just nice staff and good fun! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.