Just signed in second life premium.Didn't get my stuff.

Muteshroom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just as the title says.
I signed up using premium but didn't get the 1000 sign in bonus I wanted it for to begin with.
Going further, I don't seem to have access to my house since the teleport to my house button gets me to some public place with a lot of people. As of time of writing, it's been 37 minutes since I've bought this account already.

Did something go wrong? What do I do?

6 answers to this question

You'll get your L$1000 bonus after you have been a Premium member for 45 continuous days.  Your weekly stipend will start next Tuesday.  Read more at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477#Section_.3 .  In fact, read that entire section to learn more about your Premium account.

Now, the "house" button is not a teleport to your house.  It is a teleport to the place that you have designated as "home", which might not be the same thing.  You can get your house address by looking in the e-mail you should have received by now (unless it's stuck in your spam filter).  You can also find it on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Land Manager >>> My Mainland.  When you get there, go inside and use the menu at the top of your screen to set World >>> Set Home To Here.  That will establish that specific spot as your teleport "home".  Until you do that, the "house" button will teleport you to the nearest Linden Info Hub -- as yours is doing now.

• Like 2

You really should have read ALL of the information before you signed up. 

A) The $1000L bonus is after 45 consecutive days of membership. That means you must be billed for two months (if you're on the monthly plan) before you receive the bonus. You will start receiving a $250L bonus every Tuesday, though. If it doesn't start this week - since you joined on a Tuesday, it may take more time - you'll definitely start getting it next week. 

B) You have to claim your house. There should be somewhere on your dashboard that you can do this, or try this link , which I found by googling "claim Linden home." You'll be given a few options of appearance for your home. Pick one and should get a teleport link. Once you've used it and teleported to your home, Go to World -> Set home to here to save that location so you don't lose it! Once you've done so, you can click "teleport home" to go straight there.

37 minutes? Really? Take a breath, get a coffee, and chill out. These things don't happen instantaneously, and may even require a little effort on your part! If you haven't received your stipend within a few DAYS - say by Friday, perhaps - call billing and ask about it. If you don't receive your $1000L bonus within, say, 50 days - giving a few days for processing - call billing and ask about it. Until then, don't worry about it. 

• Like 3

37 minutes?  Wow, i can see where that might make you just a bit impatient. 9_9

Yes, you did something wrong.  You didn't read the details about your Premium membership benefits.

1. You get the $L1000 bonus after being a Premium member for 45 consecutive days.
  2. You get the $L300 weekly stipend on the first Tuesday of the week following your registration.  You missed today's stipend, so you'll get your first payment next week.
  3. You don't get the Linden Home automatically.  You have to register for one and pick out a style from among those offered.
  4. Your Home position is not the same as your Linden Home.  Everyone has a Home position, but not everyone has a house there.  By using World/Set Home to Here, you can set your Home position to any land you own (including your Linden Home), or on public Linden-owned land, or on land owned by one of your groups, provided your group role includes the ability to set Home on group land.  If you have never set a Home position, clicking the Home button will teleport you to a random Linden Infohub location...which is exactly what happened to you.

While I think a Premium membership is a wonderful thing, I never recommend it to people who are brand new to Second Life.  You should gain a little experience first, and decide if SL is right for you before spending money on it.  Linden Lab does not give refunds.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.