Billie Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I try to log in using the Phoenix Viewer or Second Life Viewer2 I get the following message: "Second Life Cannot Be Accessed from this computer. If you feel this is in error please contact support@secondlife.com""  Yet Imprudence still likes my computer just fine. What have I done and how can I fix it?

5 answers to this question

That message usually means Linden Lab has blocked you from accessing Second Life on that computer.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_does_Second_Life_say_%22You_cannot_log_into_Second_Life_from_this_location%22%3F

Why you can do so with Imprudence is puzzling. Even if this is an error, for example, a banned IP address cycling over to you rather than you being banned, it still doesn't explain why you receive that message with two viewers and not a third one.

Did you receive an email from Linden Lab about this as they always send an email when blocking a resident but sometimes people may not get them due to email info not being updated or emails ending up in spam folders so check.

You could try phoning Second Life on (866)476-9763 and ask if you are blocked or not. If you are, you'll have to go through the Support ticket process to appeal. If not blocked, unplug your modem/router for a minute or two, then reconnect and try logging in again, If still issues, you'll have to submit a ticket.

Hello, have same problems since today, nothing happened in meantime - mean no updates or something. Can´t login too. Just called support, they said account is not blocked, everythings ok. Should try to install Viewer 2 again. I have but its still not working. Anyone an idea?

Greetings Odine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.