Top 10 Reasons Shoppers should WindowShop SLM & Buy Inworld

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"People can see my items well enough to know they won't find anything better for less in-world"

Well it's true, you can't get less than L$0 so at that point the quality becomes irrelevant somewhat.  I'm not sure that this "business" really qualifies as being a merchant though rather just a philantropic gesture to give away things.  If you can operate in the real world with the same ethos of charging nothing for your time and yet still live in a house that has been paid for and with all the other trappings then you've done well.  I find that my mortgage provider takes a view that I should pay a bit of money to keep my part of the bargain.  Same with fuel for the car, I've thought of just driving away because i'm sure the filling station just wants me to have the fuel but i've not dared try it ... yet.

FREE is not really a business unless it's a part of the delivery upon which other business models exist, Google, Facebook, commercial TV to the consumer etc.

"the deadbeats who don't want to pay for their accounts."

Yay, i'm a deadbeat then because i'm not a premium account :)

My stuff is only free if people find it for free.

Mostly they don't, because I have over 500 items.

Making things full perms means I don't have to pay to market anything because the items effectively market each other.

Usually what happens is that someone sees one or two of my items in-world and comes to the market where they eagerly pay up to 9L for each item they buy because that's the easiest way to get what they actually want from the total selection.

When I only had about 200 items, there were people at least once a week who would buy almost everything, even though it could potentially be found in-world for free. It is worth paying a small fee for something that is free when found, but not easily found.

I have over 100K in student loans, and I've had no luck trying to pay them off with multiple jobs in RL, but if I can make my current rate of sales growth in SLM sustainable, I should be able to at least get out of default in 2 years with SLM, alone, just by gradually adding simple 1-prim items at a rate of 1 or 2 per day.

That's nothing to shake a stick at, and the work I'm doing to produce most of the more profitable items is something I could probably train a monkey to do for me. I only do the harder stuff because I like to, and if I stopped now, SLM would continue accumulating money for me while I sleep because my baseline operating costs are practically nil.

I'm gradually WINNING, at least in SL, and ridiculing my methods is not going to persuade me to change them as long as they continue to work as well as they do.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.