i have an ipad mini where can i get a viewer for it

riblit Glom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

there isn't one, as far i know this list isn't updated, the pocket metaverse isn't available.

if this isn't so others will mention this and correct me.

you can try brightcanopy.com, ( not related to SL itself, just providing a service) but that's not free, 17 USD for 10 hours a month, with a minimum of 30 minutes, so at most thats 20 log ins.

• Like 1

Pocket Metaverse is the only app I know of for iPad - iPhone.

The list Alwin sent you to is updated from time to time. Last update: June 2016.

Mobile apps for SL are limited in what they can show on screen. Because of that I use a remote desktop app to access my home computer from my phone. I can run SL on the desktop using my phone. Most remote apps are not designed to make the SL viewer easy to use via remote access. So, it is tedious.

An alternative is to use https://www.brightcanopy.com/ and run SL in a web browser. It is a retail service with a monthly charge.

It takes a mid-range computer or better to run SL. Mobile devices simply do not have the needed graphics power. Services like Bright Canopy render the world on their computers and stream the result as a movie to your device. Similar to using a remote access app to see your desktop running SL.

There is a new iOS app that was released a few days ago that works on my iPhone.  The reivews show some people still have issues with iPads, but I am sure they will be worked out in a future update.  Similar to metaverse, but refined and updated a bit as well.  Only used it a few 30 minutes today so far, but stable for me and I just wanted a chat feature and it even looks like a chat on a movile device with the bubble chat.

Metachat

https://worldchat2017.wordpress.com/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.