Second life issues

cookiemonster667

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Second life still will not work. I tried everything but nothing.Keeps saying video card or graphics card not supported or something like that. Here is some more information about my computer. Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) Please help!! Also when I try to update it, it says failed try again and it keeps failing.

4 answers to this question

It takes a moderate computer to run Second Life and a 'good' video card to run it well. Linda gave you the link to the System Requirements.

As more and more games move toward Virtual Reality and use of Oculus Rift type headsets the system requirements will increase. Your 8 year old hardware (G41) is just not going to carry the load.

If you have a desktop machine you may be able to upgrade the graphics to something that will work moderately well to great. The new GTX 1060 cards go for US$200. I've seen a used GTX 680 going for $40 on ebay. GTX 560's going for $20 to $40. There are plenty that are listed for more. But, watch it for a week and you can get a deal.

A problem with NVIDIA 10xx series cards is they pretty much require Windows 10. As long as you are not doing VR the 1060 and the 980/960 are about equal.

If you are into the geeky stuff as it relates to Second Life, look here: http://blog.nalates.net/category/hardware/

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.