Ok so I wanted to know more about Sploders, if they are a TOS Violation,and not allowed any more.

Debbie Sonata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Sploders are only legal outside of skill gaming sims if they are freeplay.  Freeplay games, in which the sole payment required or permitted is a nominal $L payment for the sole purpose of triggering gameplay and is immediately and automatically refunded without conditions of any kind.

Sploders may be present on skill game sims if they are licensed under the skill game policy and the owner is also licensed.

An AR report can be filed under 'Gaming policy violation' .  You should state exactly why you think the sploder violates the skill game policy, who the owner is, who the sim or venue owner is and the location of the sploder.  I'd also get a close up shot of the sploder with the hover text showing the amount paid in and the 'jackpot'.  Probably it would help to log chat to show the spam the sploder puts out.

• Like 1

in short: free to play is ok, pay for play not.

but the last of your question.... there is no need to report it, but you can. It's a gaming violation but as far i know LL did not appoint any police in SL to go around and report everything they see.

I don't say you shouldn't, but there are so many worse things in sl that really need attention, the need to go after a game that so many people like to play is a bit overdone for me.

• Like 1

Alwin is correct.

Technically, a sploder that requires players to pay money to play, and awards $L prizes at random, is a violation of the Gambling Policy.

However, LL has been very lax about enforcing the policy in regards to sploders.  Perhaps this is because a sploder does not look like any traditional game of chance that the Real World authorities would recognize and object to.  Usually when someone reports a sploder, they're the owner of a rival club.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.