i have a big question so i downloaded this game but i cant log in

misRoyalRed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi misRoyalRed here or real name kelly: am new here lots my friends have this game so i heard good stuf about it so finaly dishaded to download its game, finely done downloading and  i want to log in but some how it doesn't want to take my paswoordand i checked my paswoord and i spelled good so some my friends told me to change my paswoord i did and stil the  it failt so now i hope some of you guys can help me with this

:catvery-happy: 

3 answers to this question

think we can 't do a lot more than point you to be sure you use the right pw and username.

Not sure it's needed but be sure to add "resident" to your username...  "misroyalred resident"

the caps in your usename aren't required, (if you have those in your password there they are !) .

special signs

caps lock

spacebar

some signs can't be copied /pasted.. i have a pw with those, have to type always manually.

Since you can log into this forum, you have the correct information for ID and password. The viewer and forum use the same ID and password. So, how you are entering the information into the viewer is the likely problem.

Look at the top of this page to see how SL is writing your name. You'll see 'Welcome, misRoyalRed'. That is how you should enter your user ID to log into SL via the viewer.

If you are using a viewer other than the Linden made viewer, you may have to enter the name as: 'misRoyalRed Resident' or 'misRoyalRed.Resident'. A space or dot may be required. It depends on which brand viewer you are using. The Linden viewer just needs the user/avatar name.

Avatars can also have display names. A display name does not work for login, only the user name.

You do have to enter your password correctly. Also, the region you are logging into has to be up and running.

It is a really bad idea to change your password when you are having password issues. That just adds to the confusion. Solve the issue then change it if you still want to.

Make sure you are trying to log into the main grid and not the Preview Grid. If you have been in Preferences->Advanced and enabled 'Show grid selection at logon' your viewer may be attempting to logon there. You have to have your account initialized by the Lab to logon in the Preview Grid (ADITI) for the first time. All the sign up stuff you have done sets up your account for use on the main grid (AGNI).

To give a good answer for why you can't login, we need to know the error message you are getting. Also, which viewer you are using. When supplying tech information it is best to use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and copy-paste that information along with your question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.