can't see other peoples avatars.

Plex01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That's not a loading issue. Those are Jelly Dolls. You could increase your Avatar Maximum Complexity slider (in Preferences >>> Graphics), but you take the risk of getting much lower performance and -- if you set it too high -- making yourself vulnerable to graphics crashing griefers. Your complexity level is set by default to give you the best performance you can expect with your own computer. The only way to see fewer jelly dolls without sacrificing performance is to get a better computer. Read https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-Rendering-Complexity/ta-p/2967838

Rolig, and the Knowledge Base, say that the viewer sets your complexity slider based on your computer's capabilities.  I have also heard it said that the slider is set to 100,000 by default.

A great many avatars have complexities over 100,000, although it's quite possible to achieve a good-looking avatar under that figure.

In my view, it's perfectly OK to experiment with your complexity slider!  I find that setting it to around 300,000 allows me to render most people, while still providing protection against graphics crashers.  It doesn't affect my performance much, except in very crowded places.  (I have a powerful computer, however.  Your Mileage May Vary.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.