Sign in to follow this  
CadenzaInVivace

Aeros vs. Sensations male genitals

Anyone own both? They're at the same price point, I like Aeros' look and textures, however it's severely lacking in the features department, and worst of all it's no mod, which is almost a dealbreaker. Sensations on the other hand has better customer service, is modifiable, has a ton of extra add-ons at no cost, however I really don't like its shape and textures. I prefer the "thicker, rounder and smoother" type of shape if you know what I'm talking about, as opposed to the "long skinny and pointy-tipped" type that almost looks like a cone.

Kind of sitting on the fence right now, anyone have some suggestions? Open to other brands as well, though so far I haven't found anything nearly as good. Not looking for outdated Xcite stuff, or anything sculpty.

The Aeros products look good and are easy to use for those that wouldn't otherwise waste time to learn how to tint their penises.  I am neither promiscuous or virginal, but I don't think I've ever had a partner with sensations.

That said, I am rather bored seeing nothing but Aeros genitalia everywhere I go.  Xcite may be outdated, I am not sure, but they make excellent eye candy. Besides, that old adage is even more true in sl - it is not what you have, it is how you use it! 

sweetlilcasey wrote:

The Aeros products look good and are easy to use for those that wouldn't otherwise waste time to learn how to tint their penises.  I am neither promiscuous or virginal, but I don't think I've ever had a partner with sensations.

That said, I am rather bored seeing nothing but Aeros genitalia everywhere I go.  Xcite may be outdated, I am not sure, but they make excellent eye candy. Besides, that old adage is even more true in sl - it is not what you have, it is how you use it! 

I found Xcite to be really unappealing in terms of looks. Nowhere near the quality of Aeros/Sensations in terms of mesh model or textures. Their effort probably all went into scripting the outdated xcite plugin that no one cares about anymore. Also, they charge 1000L per model of the **bleep** with microscopic differences. Want slightly smaller shaft, or smaller balls? Another 1000L please. Absolutely ridiculous. Even on the no-mod Aeros you can resize everything.

I care more about looks tbh. Not one of those people who hang around at sex sims pixel banging everyone in sight.

Aeros CAN be modified. You can apply your own textures via the hud, one texture for each part of the **bleep**. There's piercing/cumdrip/condom(if applicable) Addon Huds too - You can either get it from the mainstore for free, or it comes packaged with newer models like the Xerxes.

There's also the Texture Properties Toolkit you can get for 100L at the mainstore - It gives you a hud and Model cocks, wear the one that matches your type, and you can edit its texture, bumpiness, specular, glow, etc. via the build menu, then apply those settings.

And, if you buy an Aeros, and want to buy other models, you get a refund on future model purchases (Must pay full price at time of purchase, but you get the Loyalty Refund within minutes) so you can at least have more than one of the varying shapes of Aeros.

Protip: The latest Xerxes seems to have a HUGE complexity cost, 2x the cost of a Magnus.

Mastertip: Sensations cocks' features are just alpha'd out objects, and this results in huge completixity costs and lag because when you rez/equip a Sensation **bleep**, you wind up rendering EVERYTHING it can come with. Right click it and behold the mess of outlines.

Check out SKNK for more variation of **bleep** shapes but be sure to check the info - Some come with piercings and others don't. Decent huds though.

CadenzaInVivace wrote:

Anyone own both? They're at the same price point, I like Aeros' look and textures, however it's severely lacking in the features department, and worst of all it's no mod, which is almost a dealbreaker. Sensations on the other hand has better customer service, is modifiable, has a ton of extra add-ons at no cost, however I really don't like its shape and textures. I prefer the "thicker, rounder and smoother" type of shape if you know what I'm talking about, as opposed to the "long skinny and pointy-tipped" type that almost looks like a cone.

Kind of sitting on the fence right now, anyone have some suggestions? Open to other brands as well, though so far I haven't found anything nearly as good. Not looking for outdated Xcite stuff, or anything sculpty.

I have a few alts and own both. The Aeros is the clear gold standard.

The Sensations has a nice smoother look that is good for femboys, futa, animes, twinks and so on. It also has a far better foreskin. From there you can also go to a more plastic anime device in the Rut. There is also the SKNK which is quite good if you prefer a smoother skin.

There is a problem where changing states will cause the mesh to fracture. You will need to move it a few times between states until the visible seam goes away. 

It has a HUGE number of transparent prims. Ctrl-Alt-T it and see. It is possible to spend time on it to cut a lot out, but it's time consuming.

The Aeros Xerxes is a slightly more veiny device and it has the normal (horribly unactractive) Aeros foreskin. But is has the better HUD and will do most things that people need. The thing most people fail to realise with the Aeros is that the little arrow on the hud has an inner, middle and outer ring as well, and which of these you use will control the "chubbiness" for want of a better word, of the device. Using the inner ring give a nice short fat device, that you can size upwards to get your length.

Buy it on the smoothness of the skin - how many veins you want. Don't buy it on how many attachments it has built in.

Aeros looks great in all of its iterations, but there is a 10second delay between clicking a new position and the movement of the member.  Also, the balls are too small on the largest setting, and their colors are difficult to not get either too red or too black.  Aeros'  white output is stingy and reduces for second coming of the lord/load.  The old VAWs are fast rise and easy coloring and the white output is copious.  Aeros matching female is missing.  VAW matching female is, well look.  The best of the best is not here yet.

Edited by PeterBliss
added female note