I just feel so done right now..

TimeofSnow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried to get a brother or sister recently for maybe 4 weeks now and nothing. I have sent out notecards and IM's, nothing. What REALLLLLLLYYY gets me is one kid I liked and they rejected me because they "Had a family" Then guess who I see at yet another adoption agency just recently pop up?! I hate my sl life right now, I really do. Not because of the people in it but because of so many people activly trying to avoid it. I CANNOT REALLY BE THAT TOXIC! I am active! That's something some families don't even have! I try SO hard and this is what it gets me?!!? I really dont deserve this, h*** no one does when they have tried as hard as I have!!

I;m just gonna post this because no one is going to reply anyways:

What I wanted:A brother or sister or twins

how active?:VERY maybe at 6pm sl-??? a few hours each day.

do you have land?:My family does yes.

What would the kid or teen get?:attention, love, a great friend and sister/family, hugs and smiles

what would we do?:Explore sl together, maybe shop, visit some food places, etc.

skype?:maybe

As SL is a virtual world it is something you play when you have time to play. It is not, for most anyway, the top priority in our lives. Meaning... sometimes ppl do avoid close relationships. A relationship and/or a family takes up a lot of time in order for it to work for everyone involved. Ppl are aware you have to invest a lot of time in order to give everyone what they deserve. It would not be fair to commit when you know RL will get in the way. Therefor ppl sometimes will keep their distance. So it's not you, it is just reality kicking in.

Also, playing a child avatar makes it a bit more complicated. Only a small percentage of the residents want to "play along". As a kid avatar this makes your SL world way smaller and the ppl that would like to participate are more rare. This choice was yours and I don't know how dedicated you are to staying a child... you could also consider "growing up" and see if this will open some doors?

some peopls focus on one role in sl, so yes they might refuse to "play"with you ...(to keep it in the child like answers)

Also 4 weeks.... is a nice time to get to know eachother, perhaps they lost interest.

Perhaps they see they don't fit in your style of life... or you not in theirs....

yes i know they should talk about it or tell... but this is SL....some just move on.

Another option... they can't spend all time you would like to get, or not always are available... if they in other strict ropleplays they won't answer if they'r in character.

Keep also in mind... for lot of people SL is less serious than for others... you look to be déép in.....

(perhaps also might work to use other words in your profile.... don't f***ng ask isn't realy a language for a rp 17 yr old)

TimeofSnow wrote:

What REALLLLLLLYYY gets me is one kid I liked and they rejected me because they "Had a family" Then guess who I see at yet another adoption agency just recently pop up?!

Lesson of life (and as an SL-Kid I can't believe I'm giving you one) Some people get embarressed telling another person they really don't like them. They make up a little white lie to escape, without hurting you.

TimeofSnow wrote:

I CANNOT REALLY BE THAT TOXIC!

You seem to be very uptight. Meditation can help with that. I am being 100% serious when I say that.

TimeofSnow wrote:

I have tried to get a brother or sister recently for maybe 4 weeks now and nothing.

Some people will try to be adopted for months, go through hundreds of trials and have their photo and notecard up for months. Some people will never be able to do it.

You may find a better way is to make a close friend and then move the friendship into family status.

I tend to find things when I stop looking for them.

I would suggest finding a range of things to do and find out about. Go exploring through searches or following roads on the mainland, try sailing, go to places set up for helping other people like helping haven or Caledon university. You will have more to talk about, more knowledge to make yourself interesting and you will meet people that might want to be friends or even family

TimeofSnow wrote:

I have tried to get a brother or sister recently for maybe 4 weeks now and nothing. I have sent out notecards and IM's, nothing. What REALLLLLLLYYY gets me is one kid I liked and they rejected me because they "Had a family" Then guess who I see at yet another adoption agency just recently pop up?! I hate my sl life right now, I really do. Not because of the people in it but because of so many people activly trying to avoid it. I CANNOT REALLY BE THAT TOXIC! I am active! That's something some families don't even have! I try SO hard and this is what it gets me?!!? I really dont deserve this, h*** no one does when they have tried as hard as I have!!

I;m just gonna post this because no one is going to reply anyways:

What I wanted:A brother or sister or twins

how active?:VERY maybe at 6pm sl-??? a few hours each day.

do you have land?:My family does yes.

What would the kid or teen get?:attention, love, a great friend and sister/family, hugs and smiles

what would we do?:Explore sl together, maybe shop, visit some food places, etc.

I cannot possibly imagine why people are avoiding you.

TimeofSnow wrote:

It may not get you any closer to what you want, but for whatever it's worth: to feel rejected in SL is to take personally a whole constellation of circumstance that has nothing to do with you as a person. Sure, you might be rejection-worthy all on your own, but more likely not: there's so much other compatibility necessary -- including especially compatible views of what an SL relationship even means and how to use the program to pursue it -- really, it's amazing anything remotely familial ever emerges. Same for romance, or anything else beyond a passing acquaintance.

And "skype?:maybe" gets right at the heart of those circumstantial compatibility issues. If one's personality is a perfect match for someone with opposite ideas about how much RL to engage in an online relationship, that superficial but practical difference will eventually overwhelm the effects of what could otherwise be a perfect match.

You may be trying too hard and coming off as clingy or needy which people will avoid.  The advice to stop looking and busy yourself with things that are interesting to you is great advice.  You'll meet people you have something in common with and that's always a good basis for a friendship.  Helping people is a great way to make friends too.  Some of my oldest friends are people I helped when they were newbs. 

"VERY [active]...a few hours each day" would have put me off immediately. That's a lot of time to dedicate PER DAY to SL. Some people have it, but a lot of people don't. Maybe relax your requirements a bit?

You also seem to be getting very emotional and frustrated by this, which MAY be coming off as needy and therefore be offputting, so you may try the earlier advice of backing off a bit and simply exploring SL. Find some fun things to do and perhaps you'll meet someone while you're at it! 

"I try SO hard..." Maybe that's part of your problem. You're trying TOO hard. calm down, back off, take a few deep breaths, place some inworld ads, and while you wait,  just have fun!

For what it's worth, I'm sorry you're having so many issues, and I hope something clicks soon. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.