Forgot Password: Asking for 3 friends on list with Resident?? Are you kidding??

Joy Larkspur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I accidentally cleared out ALL my passwords on my computer...not a good day. :(

I  tried passwords i typically use on my alt accounts, which did not work.

When I chose 'forgot password' at login screen, i was asked to give names of 3 friends on that account, with last name Resident?? Can it get more general than that??  I need some help. That is where i  did my financial transactions from. omg...

Weird i couldn't reply to either of your comments. Thank u both. I was trying to give both of u marks for the solution... as both of u helped. I have generated a help ticket.   Thanks again! :D

4 answers to this question

I totally agree that having to guess the first names of people named 'Resident' is not a useful or practical way to recover accounts.

Despite the tone of Alwin's post, he's probably right - you're going to have to file a case ticket and ask for a more sensible shot at recovering account. LL will typically ask for you to send them a scanned copy of identifying information such as a driving license.

You can file a create a case here. Good luck!

• Like 3

Joy, you discovered one of the "features" of the Answers Forum:  the originator of a thread cannot reply to it!

You did exactly right, by editing your original post to show your reply.  You can also reply in the Permalink section below a person's response, but not everyone checks those...so editing your original post is the best solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.