Script Warning/Error/Debug I can't seem to eliminate -HELP!! PLEASE!!!

AmiPool

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm getting a Script Warning/Error/Debug notification window opening when I log in and every time I log in or TP to another sim.

This is the message I'm getting every time(the times, of course, change):

[14:31] Paired Hearts: Paired Hearts [script:OpenCollar - rlvrelay] Script run-time error
[14:31] Paired Hearts: Stack-Heap Collision

I've tried opening teh collar menu and clicking "fix menu" -hasn't helped. I tried avatar health stop animations and revoke permissions -didn't help. I just tried load default settings -doesn't solve it, either. It happened before and I ended up

deleting the Paired Hearts necklace/collar and getting another one -I can't do taht this time, becuase the vendor no longer has it. None of the new ones they have look nice. :((  Hopefully SOMEONE here can give me a solution? Thanks for any assistance

Ami

3 answers to this question

There might not be a solution for you.  A stack/heap error occurs when the script has run out of memory and jammed up tight.  Restarting the script might work, sometimes, but it avoids the question of why it ran out of memory in the first place.  One common reason for that error is that the script is meant to fill internal lists, but the scripter either hasn't provided it with a way to stop filling them or has overlooked some situation in which the end user will be feeding it more information than it can handle. The script chokes on too much information.  Without being able to see into the script and see which list is causing trouble, there's not much you can do.

I suggest reading the instructions that came with the collar very carefully to be sure that you haven't fed it some value that is outside of an expected range, or haven't missed some directions about how input is meant to be formatted.  Contact the scripter if you can, to ask for help.

• Like 1

It's difficult to know what's happened without seeing the scripts, as Rolig says.

However,  since there are literally thousands of people using Open Collar stuff, I doubt it's a general problem with the script.  It's something unique to your set up.

The OC scripts are Full Perms, normally, so try to find the script called "rlvrelay" (which is appears to be the one causing the problems) and check that the box at the bottom labelled "Mono" is checked.   If it's not, check it and click "Save."    Compiling a script wtth the Mono option gives it a lot more memory than it would otherwise have had, so if it's somehow not been compiled as Mono, that could cause problems.

Otherwise, since I assume you've not been tinkering with the scripts yourself, I would suggest looking at any of the configuration notecards you've edited, and make sure that they're all in the format that the notes tell you they should be.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.