Patitianing sim owners

Christin73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The other day I desided to take action and show the owners of a sim that I am not the only one having trouble with a certain RP group that is on that sim. To do that I sent out a patitian to people on sim wich got a few "signatures". The owner of that sim is taking the RP groups side and claiming that sending out a patitian is against LLs TOS. I understand I don't have to be on sim and that owners can practicly do as they choose. However, my question is, is patitians against LLs TOS?

I guess the region owner might AR the organisers of the petition for harassment, but I'm not sure what,if anything, LL would do about it.   However, I am quite sure that you're wasting your time and that LL act (sometimes) on Abuse Reports, not petitions.

If members of the RP group are making a nuisance of themselves, then the answer is to AR them and to use the viewer tools provided by LL to block them and to ban them from your land.     

If you're not happy with the way the owner of the region is responding to complaints about this RP group, then there's plenty more regions in SL where you can hang out and/or rent land.

Christin73 wrote:

The other day I desided to take action and show the owners of a sim that I am not the only one having trouble with a certain RP group that is on that sim. To do that I sent out a patitian to people on sim wich got a few "signatures". The owner of that sim is taking the RP groups side and claiming that sending out a patitian is against LLs TOS. I understand I don't have to be on sim and that owners can practicly do as they choose. However, my question is, is patitians against LLs TOS?

Why am I not surprised to find that someone who spells at a third grade level is also attracted to roleplay.

KonishiPolis wrote:

Why am I not surprised to find that someone who spells at a third grade level is also attracted to roleplay.

Why am i not surprised some people think english is the only language around... but some at least try to participate on these forums and  take the efford to get their thoughts written down in a language that isnt their own...

Alwin Alcott wrote:

KonishiPolis wrote:

Why am i not surprised some people think english is the only language around... but some at least try to participate on these forums and  take the efford to get their thoughts written down in a language that isnt their own...

It's cute that you chalk illiteracy up to a possible ESL issue. Are you new to SL?

entity0x wrote:

Why am I not surprised that you consistently post like this because it is a sock account for you. If you don't want to help op, why bother posting. You just make the forums more hostile.

You are mistaken. Alwin was defending the OP against a childish comment by another person. It's the other person you should be addressing.

Christin73 wrote:

The other day I desided to take action and show the owners of a sim that I am not the only one having trouble with a certain RP group that is on that sim

Although you mention you do understand this, it's worth repeating.

It's their region. They pay real US$ funds for it. They can do anything, including showing favour to that certain RP group.

Christin73 wrote:

To do that I sent out a patitian to people on sim wich got a few "signatures". The owner of that sim is taking the RP groups side and claiming that sending out a patitian is against LLs TOS. I understand I don't have to be on sim and that owners can practicly do as they choose. However, my question is, is patitians against LLs TOS?

This could be seen as two TOS/CS violations in my eyes

1. Spam / Nusience

2. Harrasment

As a little story recently a region owner in my community was warned by the Lab for spam - for sending out 2 notices in his own region's land group.

The Lab can take a very hardline approach, including banning people for trivial things without recourse.

They are really mean, and nasty.

Please take my advice, stop causing drama. Just leave the region and find a new one, or you may end up joining the ranks of the executed.

I cannot make out if you are a resident on that sim or if you just hang out there. If you are a resident and rent your land/house there I would not bother with the whole petition thing. It is a lost fight and you will just be seen as a troublemaker. As stated many times, they pay for the sim and they have all the power. Just bring your money elsewhere, that is all the power you have.

If you just hang out there, don't bother with the petition either. If you just hang there you have no business at all to try and decide who gets to be on that land or not. As a landowner I would consider that very rude, you would try to force the landowner that actually pays for the land to act on your wishes. You might end up being the one that is chased of the sim instead of the RP group:smileysurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.