How can I get a list of group members - before they were all ejected?

Rampage Storno

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am co-owner of a few groups.  In two of them, another owner ejected all members.

I did not have a member list (still don't know how to get one) and I was not online at the time so no IM log of the ejects.

The 300+ members were ejected as an intentional and malicious harassment of another AV - I have already made an RA of the situation....   But that does not get the members back.

I've been looking and researching and inviting as much as I can - but still only have about 25% of the members re-invited and 0% clue on where to go for technical help to get the member list.

Any clue?  Or is the member list lost forever?

3 answers to this question

I'm afraid it's gone forever. Even before they were ejected, the only way for you to get the full list of names would have been to copy them out laboriously by hand.  You can't cut and paste from the group member list, and there's no way to export it.  On the positive side, that makes it really hard for some spammer to grab the list. On the negative side.... well, you've seen the negative side.  :smileysad:

Looking ahead .....There are ways to build a list of group members by having them enroll by clicking on a prim that is specially scripted for that purpose. You could dump that list to chat and copy/paste it onto a notecard.  Then you'd have it for the next time disaster strikes, or for whatever other purpose you might want it.   Take a look at THIS THREAD in the Scripting Forum, for example.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.