Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Prokofy Neva

Questions for the Lindens on the New Extra Prims Feature

Recommended Posts

I'd prefer if an actual Linden could take the time to answer these questions rather than others even with inside knowledge answering them.

1. From what I have seen in my rental groups, the long-standing group land bonus of 10% more prims is still in effect and not increased. It might have been nice to increase this feature, too, but the 50% prims on the land menu is present enough : )

What I do wonder is whether in monitoring performance and assessing the impact of this new feature the 10% bonus has in fact been taken into effect.

Every sim has a "buffer" of prims and this 10% bonus comes out of that; it doesn't come out of individual parcels per se because not every parcel is grouped, only the grouped land gets this. 

I don't know how many people actually group their land and get this bonus; my impression is that there are at least 50% of mainland users but maybe not (Tyche Shepherd might know) and it may be that most people in fact don't know about it, or don't care about it or find it too hard to manage. 

But I do wonder if thought was given to this for the reason that adding prims to sims needs to take this feature into account, too, and I haven't heard of it.

2. As you know, there are these various devices in Second Life called "temp-on-rez". So there are for example flowers that bloom that enable a very detailed flower to appear that might show even "1,000 prims" although your actual space on your parcel can't hold extra prims. This device is taking advantage of the sim buffer to "temporarily borrow" the prims it needs and go over your hard limit. The makers of these devices swear that they don't affect sim performance but I find that they do. They also sometimes just create at least temporary confusion in tenants or the landlord trying to count prim availability and manage it and that's why I don't allow them on my rentals, others may have other policies. Now that there is mesh, I see less of these devices but I still do find them occasionally in the form of farms, pets, flowers etc. that do this. Has LL taken into account these devices and the "health" of the sim buffer as a whole in evaluating performance?

3. That brings me to my next question. Where do prims come from? Yes, we know they are actually manufactured and delivered like little Amazon boxes all from the magnificent factory out in the sea at ANWR! But seriously, do these 50% more prims come from that pre-existing buffer or are they a new, additional capacity in the actual hardware? That is, are they changed settings or changed hardware?

4. All of the comments Patch Linden has made and various insider oldbies and midbies have made have to do with technical issues and performance issues and who gets what when. 

But what about the economy? Does Linden Lab still have an economist on staff? Do they think about the impact of technical featuress? From my perch viewing at least a percentage of the economy with my hundreds of customers, I have to say that this feature causes four behaviors:

A. More prims? Great! I will keep paying the same rent since you aren't raising the rent, Prokofy, and enjoy my new extra prims!

B. More prims? Really? That many? Well, I'll take two, please! Double my rent and give me 50% more prims on that bigger lot!

C. More prims for the same price? Oh, great, that means I can now ask you to cut my rent in half (33%) and still have the same prims since I'm not much of a decorator anyway.

D. More prims? So what? I only used half the prims I'm paying for any way because mesh has less impact. So are you going to give me a free week maybe? 

Many of us who like to build and decorate immediately think, "wow, more prims, whee, for the same price!". 

But that's only the behavior of a percentage of SL avatars, and not the majority. Most people are very conservative. They put out a bed, chair, desk, and plant in their little or even big rental, and they never change it. Ten years go by, and they may not change it. I am not kidding as I have tenants from 10 years ago and I myself have certain builds or areas I like so much I have not changed them in 10 years (although I've swapped out prims for mesh and nicer looking things in most areas). People like stability in their virtual world that they don't get in real life. I even offer to people to deliver them brand new mesh things for a small fee that they can use in their rental. No, they stubbornly cling to their little newbie table they made in their first year of SL and that dresser that their friend made them. People don't always chose things in SL for reasons of "performance" or "look" but for emotional and social reasons.

And many people see Second Life as an unjustifiable expense they are often themselves looking to reduce, or their partners or families tell them they should reduce. So the possibility of cutting their rent in half while keeping their furniture exactly as it is, is very attractive.

So I have people in all these categories in my rentals. And I can see on some sims or in general throughout the system I might have to cut my land in half or by some percentage because my tenants don't want extra prims, they want lower tier. Lower tier is the bigger request all these years, you may admit.

Maybe the prospect of more prims will deter some people's departure, convince some to come back, or get people to buy more land. But these other factors are at play, too.

So has any economist thought about what it might mean for the world's economy (more shrinkage in the end) or even Linden Lab's personal economy (less land to sell).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as far i know the group bonus is NOT prims, but 10% more land. I don't get where you get the buffer of prims from...

perhaps explain?

 

Also your story about tennants wanting to pay less is a bit strange, they don't rent prims, they rent land, so for the size nothing changes. The thing that can happen is you cut parcels in half to get to them. But it's gridwide so nothing really changes,

You don't have to raise rent, thats rubbish, the tier stays the same.

 

Same as the free weeks..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Alwin Alcott wrote:

they don't rent prims, they rent land, so for the size nothing changes. 

My residentials rent by the prim because they are on 1,7x or 4x land. My shops - in fact almost all shops - rent by the prim, and I think Prok's thoughts will hit the shops the most.

Will the people renting a 100 prim shop in some empty mall want to put out more Caspervends, or will they ask for less land - because after all, they only rez one Caspervend and 95 prims are wasted already. Some are going to move to find better deals, but that is the market.

For me it's less of an issue because all my sims are 1,7 or 4x (Prok thinks temp-on-rez makes prim counting hard, try auditing a sim at 4x :P), In both cases I might adjust the sim bonus downwards so that their parcels remain the same number of prims and I can put the extra into the surrounds. Or I might just pass it on, on the understanding there is no rent reduction.

I don't look forward to the math or the chance of returning half the sim if I get the new factors wrong, but I do look forward to improving the sim.

On the other side of this for me. I have my own little rental in the Blake Sea, it's on 4x land. I will be curious if I get 500 extra LI to play with, I hope so because then i can rez my N&K Brigatine out the front, it will be wonderful. (appologies to every sailor who will go past and suffer the extra load of a 400 odd LI ship :P)

As far as Prok's comments about Temp-On-Rez I can confirm that all that happens is you get a region full mesage if you try too much, I've pushed one of my regions in all directions to find those things out. Region full, or insufficient resources messages are there to block /most/ problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sims get 1.5 times the number of prims they got before.  But really tenant behaviors 

A- no change for you

B-to your advantage since you'll get more rent

C and D - the answer is No, but you can move to a smaller lot if I have one available.

Maybe people will move to smaller rentals or maybe not.  If you see a trend, just adjust your lot sizes.  Unless someone charges rent by the prim rather than lot size, I suspect the majority of landlords will do the same. 

If someone figures their rent by the prim, they can always adjust the rent so that instead of for $ X/prim to $X/1.5 prims and establish a minimum rent.  Conversely they can keep the rent and the number of prims that they rent the same and use the extra prims on better buildings or landscaping that will beautify the place to attract more tenants and keep the ones they have.

My observation is they people want nice homes even if they furnish them with minimal furniture.  I always laugh when I see a big beautiful home furnished with "a bed, chair, desk, and plant" or even empty.  What's the point?  Does a spacious but poorly furnished house impress me? Not at all.  In fact I think it's rather dense for people to pay for enough room to rez their spacious house in but use only a few prims.  It's a waste of money, but it's their SL and their money to waste. So the conclusion I have to draw is that it isn't just prims but space too that people look for when they rent.

There is a disadvantage to downsizing lots.  It means less landscaping room, a smaller home foot print available and more visual crowding.  I suspect most tenants that ask those questions really haven't thought it through. 

As far as the economy in general, I expect it will improve to some degree because people may buy more items for their homes or toys for themselves they can now display.  I know you don't want to hear that Prok since you are so down on content creators making money. But, if people sell more they may be willing to get a rental if they don't have one or a better rental if they do.  This should broaden your opportunities too if you play it the right way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please excuse me for I am not a Linden person and still answering to your post...

 

I think we got exactly what we asked for all these years... lower tier! We, tenants can chose - to get more prims for the same price or to get less prims for the lower price - and landlords can make it happen because you got more prims to rent out!

 

So economically, this is an awesome deal because you can offer lower tier for the same prim or same tier for more prims - because YOU got more prims to sell! If you chose to keep the old price and old prim counts per parcel then you are, indeed, raising your prices. 

 

My landlord sent out group notices saying she will keep the same prices so now I have exactly 3339 prims for the price of L$3530. I think this is more than fair :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Tamara Artis wrote:

I think we got exactly what we asked for all these years... lower tier! We, tenants can chose - to get more prims for the same price or to get less prims for the lower price - and landlords can make it happen because you got more prims to rent out!

That's a very good way of seeing it, and it hadn't occured to me before you posted it. It's a little different to the 'real thing' because we don't get a 50% increase in land area along with the 50% increase in prims, but it's still a very good way of looking at it.

If LL had increased the land area for the same tier cost, then we'd have got both area and prims, but my guess is that a fair number of people would have downsized because they don't need the extra area and prims, losing income for LL, of course, and many of the others would probably have found it awkward to acquire the extra land where they wanted it - adjoining their existing land. Of course, many would have simply added an extra plot somewhere else. But overall, I think that what LL have done is probably the best way of reducing tier without actually doing it. Summat like that, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take your point about how some of your tenants will use the news of extra prims to ask for a rent reduction, but wouldn't they use a similar argument for lower rents if LL were to cut tier?   I can certainly imagine myself saying something like:

"I see that LL have cut the price you pay for land by n%.  I hope this means you'll be passing at least some of the reduction on to me."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Innula Zenovka wrote:

"I see that LL have cut the price you pay for land by n%.  I hope this means you'll be passing at least some of the reduction on to me."

 

We saw that with the buydown: "You will pay $100 less to the Lab now, so you will reduce our teir by $100 too now? Yes?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some landlords offered their renters to buy their tier down... shameless...

if you leave he has a lower tier and you get nothing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a landlord . I am in the process of adjusting everyones prim allotment up by 50%. If tennants want to pay lower rent they will need to move to a smaller lot. I was debating which way to go .. lower rent or raise prim allotments, and where I have no interest in stacking miles of skybox's, I had to go with the higher prim counts for the same price, otherwise they would have really been unused. I would say 75% of my tenants are thrilled, and 25% dont really care, as long as their rent does not go up :) 

 

CLM Rentals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All thats needed now is a tier reduction and an increase in free land then I'll think  'I feel like a valued customer at last - getting something in return for long term loyalty to the lab' Much better than the usual useless freebies though...although I must admit Im looking forward to studying and hopefully dismantling the robot :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must not run a business in Second Life.

The bonus gives you tier, which isn't land. It's tier that is a land credit to cover land. But what is that land? Prims. The bonus in to over extra land is to provide more prims. Why else would you need 50 more prims in a grouped land where you just got that 50 because someone put in another 512 of land credit or you yourself and your alts grouped land but have a build across that land anyway. What is 50 prims? It's just a little respite from a build, perhaps a tree or a park bench or something. Even on a larger set-up where tier bonus might give you 500 prims, where will they go? They go only to buying extra prim land on a sim when/if it becomes available.

Land=prims. You can't have prims without land. In a group, you can rearrange prims, but they still have to "come from somewhere".

I marvel at your inability to grasp why a customer wants to pay half as less for the same thing when he figures out he can. Do you have customers? Do you sell anything?

If I pay $50 for 50 prims a week, and I've found out that now I'll get 75 prims for that $50, I easily figure out that for $33 (or even round it up to $35 or down to $30), I can now get the same 50 prims, because my landlord isn't raising his price. So I'll go do that if I'm not a big decorator. My "dollar a prim" cheap areas are now "0.666" areas.

Prims have to come from land. Therefore if you have a trend of people wanting what amounts to roughly half price,or 33% off ultimately, you are left with land-prims that aren't renting. So then it has to be sold or abandoned.

I haven't said I was going to raise rent. In fact I said I'm keeping the same price. Why not? My cost didn't go up, why raise my customers' price?

If anything, some prices will have to go down as people figure out, especially in something like a market stall, or a small store in a mall, that doesn't have that many square meters to start with, that they can't use more prims. But they sure could use half their cost. So if your store costs $100 for 50 prims, and the system will now give you $100/75 prims because you get 50% more everywhere, why not cut your cost?

Let's say you used to pay $350 for 250 prims, one of my more popular lots. That's 1.4 per prim. But with the 50% increase, the lot has $350/375 prims, reducing the cost per prim to 0.93. So naturally some customers will say, oh, great, I'll just keep my 250 prims, thanks, I don't need more, but make my rent now $232, or even round it up to $250. So now I have a lot that has 125 unused extra prims that the person is not paying for or using. Sure, in a group these can be juggled and moved elsewhere. But in a mall situation or let's say a lot of little cabins or an apartment building, where/how will they be sold? Depending on the build and the trend on a given sim, then land would be cut out of the "fallow" that used to be used for prims -- water, fields, a big park, whatever, and abandoned. Or the mall will close, as the tier on it can no longer be paid.

There are few big successful malls any more in Second Life. They became dinosaurs not only when the Lindens killed the telehubs, which were a good thing, not a bad thing, and further grew obsolete with the trend of creators to want their own either full-prim island or homestead to totally control their store's venue, and make it a place with extras like hangouts and socializing areas and events. There are less even of these "big box stores" in SL than there were because no one wants costs, they want profits, and a store owner can make more moving to the Marketplace.

Those malls that survive (I have a few surviving and a few dying) are little, specialized boutiques or themed areas with dedicated shoppers or owners using search skillfully but who also benefit from walk-ins. Now probably the last death knell will sound for malls. I myself am looking at what to do with these situations -- give people the lower prices they want? Put a yardscale of gatchas in the sky to use the prims? Dump land?

Perhaps you're only looking at the type of rental that stacks up dozens of people on one big sim, making them all share the same music stream or use those sub-optimal "radio from your browser" devices. But I don't have rentals like that, and many don't. People get dedicated parcels in my rentals unless they are in an apartment building or town house, but those aren't the norm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callum, you didn't address the issue of the confusion of prim counting. All it takes is one person getting a "region full" message or looking and seeing as if there are these thousands of prims showing somewhere ELSEWHERE on the sim that they didn't put out, and you get a kaching, refund, move-out.

A system that is borrowing from the buffer does not sit well with me. Buffers are meant to do things like accommodate a boat moving through the water on that sim, or a very blinged-out avatar with a zillion prims on her walking through. It's not meant to be used to keep a flower farm visible all day. That's my understanding of it.

As for your "1,7 or 4x" land, I'm puzzled what these references are.

What is 1,7? Is that 1.7 per prim? or what are you referencing?

Yes, most malls bill by the prim. So whether they have $1.4 or $1.5 or even $2 per prim (or did), as many of the busiest gatcha malls now charge, they will have to think what to do (and I notice that the big gatcha malls I'm renting from are still thinking and have yet to put out a message but will -- I'll be interested to see what they do).

I notice my fellow hard-scrabble Mainland rental agents have just taken this in stride and re-done their billing rates, not given free prims so they make a little more, I guess. So they now put in a hard 0.81 per prim or 0.93 per prim or whatever they put, but it's not 0.66 which is what I will offer in a few former "dollar a prim areas". I had already begun shutting these down in the last 2 years or raising their prices or making some "payment info on file only" because dollar a prim not only doesn't pay tier, it no longer feeds larger lots and the movement of customers through your system to higher-cost rentals as it once did years ago. Not when people can go from a newbie cottage for $150/150 prims to a homestead or even a 4096 because they can buy that 4096 nowadays not for $7/meter but $0.7 per meter. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cedric, well, I probably have more of the lower rent market than you do : )

I have people who drop in $7 one hour and $33 another hour to pay their $100 rental as they earn that money from some payout lot. Lots of non-Americans, people on fixed incomes and such. Lots of little areas, like $40 or $60 camping.

I think (hope) most of these people will still appreciate the value of more prims if their rent doesn't go up, as this category of people are the worst offenders for prim overage and evictions when they repeat that offense too often.

But a decided percent want lower rent. What I see them doing on their own now is just refunding on their somewhat higher rentals which were just gifted with more prims, on to my lower-cost rentals with less prims which now have more, if you follow me.

Some are urging me to cut their rent and keep their prims the same. Right now there are enough options that probably I can accommodate these movements of categories of people but I can see that I'm going to have to create cheaper rentals -- EVEN cheaper. $25/25 prims used to be my rock bottom. It's now going lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're just utterly unfamiliar with how rentals work, and particularly with my rentals.

Many of my rentals aren't just postage stamps laid out on a grid as some are. They are nice communities with a park at the center or a walkway or trees or some other build of some sort. You can't just "downsize" a big elaborate build you paid for which people are used to having as a kind of landmark or hangout area.

If you've already cut up a sim and arranged houses and landscaping all around it, you can't just take a 512 or 1024 and now "cut it out" like a diseased elm tree.

This is the larger problem the Lindens have on the mainland. They get patches of abandoned land on sims with great builds, so they can't dump the whole sim and they have no way (yet) to cut out the dead wood and pull together the live wood.

Many people have beautiful homes that aren't furnished because they actually do not sit inside them. The home is like a sculpture. They admire it, and sit on the deck outside or go up in their skybox. The home is merely a kind of status symbol.

Once again, there can't be "space" or land unrelated to prims. Even on a homestead where you get more space with less prims, there's a limit to how this concept works if you divide up the sim into parcels for people. Prims have to come from somewhere.

I don't object at all to content creators selling more and people buying more. I myself commission and sell content and sell gatchas and even sell my own little home-made creations. That's not the issue.

What I object to is content creators imagining that the economy of the Renaissance Fair -- the guilds make fancy stuff and we rubes buy it -- is all you need in a virtual world. You need different classes of people and other sources of income generation besides skilled content creators. Land sellers and developers and rental agents are the obvious other class given the make-up of the world. Services of every conceivable type are the other obvious class. But these two classes are scorned, hated, and hobbled, and those leading the charge are the content creators who only think selfishly of their own class interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Maelstrom Janus wrote:

... I must admit Im looking forward to studying and hopefully dismantling the robot
:D

Yeah, I always pick through the contents of those gifts, too, in hopes of finding something worth scavenging. Not much there this time, though, just a bunch of animations that seem pretty robot-avatar-specific. I'd hoped for maybe some reusable particle textures or sound assets, but no such luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Prokofy Neva wrote:

I think you're just utterly unfamiliar with how rentals work, and particularly with my rentals.

Many of my rentals aren't just postage stamps laid out on a grid as some are. They are nice communities with a park at the center or a walkway or trees or some other build of some sort. You can't just "downsize" a big elaborate build you paid for which people are used to having as a kind of landmark or hangout area.

If you've already cut up a sim and arranged houses and landscaping all around it, you can't just take a 512 or 1024 and now "cut it out" like a diseased elm tree.

I rented out land and homes for years, very profitably, so I do know how they work.  I don't know what your set up is though, however if you rent a 2048 lot and people want smaller lots, then it's not hard to cut it in two to produce 1024's if you have adequet skills, unless your lots are irregular in shape.  Then it may take some extra work, but it's possible unless it's really very irregular in shape.  You might even have to remodel some of the common areas, but if it saves your rental business from a lot of vacancies and eventual bankruptcy, then it could well be worth it. 

This is the larger problem the Lindens have on the mainland. They get patches of abandoned land on sims with great builds, so they can't dump the whole sim and they have no way (yet) to cut out the dead wood and pull together the live wood.

A lot of that could be eliminated if LL instituted basic zoning through the entire mainland and also put Linden Homes on the mainland instead of seperate areas.  Lack of zoning is why most people prefer private estates. 

Many people have beautiful homes that aren't furnished because they actually do not sit inside them. The home is like a sculpture. They admire it, and sit on the deck outside or go up in their skybox. The home is merely a kind of status symbol.

Once again, there can't be "space" or land unrelated to prims. Even on a homestead where you get more space with less prims, there's a limit to how this concept works if you divide up the sim into parcels for people. Prims have to come from somewhere.

Of course there can't be space unrelated to prims, that's a basic concept and why if a renter wants the space of a 4096 put the prims of a 1024 and you don't want to charge by the prim, then you can't accomodate them. Of course you need to be as accomodating to tenants as you can be, but there are limits and sometimes you just have to say no in your own self interest.  If they leave, and that disrupts your cash flow too much you need a better business plan or throw in the towel.  Like any business you have to be flexible and change what you can change when you can change it to make a profit.

I don't object at all to content creators selling more and people buying more. I myself commission and sell content and sell gatchas and even sell my own little home-made creations. That's not the issue.

What I object to is content creators imagining that the economy of the Renaissance Fair -- the guilds make fancy stuff and we rubes buy it -- is all you need in a virtual world. You need different classes of people and other sources of income generation besides skilled content creators. Land sellers and developers and rental agents are the obvious other class given the make-up of the world. Services of every conceivable type are the other obvious class. But these two classes are scorned, hated, and hobbled, and those leading the charge are the content creators who only think selfishly of their own class interests.

I agree that it takes all kinds of of classes to generate a healthy economy.  However I disagree that merchants hate all the other classes; that's a gross generalization.  Nor do I see how merchants hobble other classes.  Every class in my opinion looks out for it's
own
self interest first that's the way the world works.  Maybe merchants are better organized to do this but there is nothing stopping other classes from doing the same.  I've been involved in most all the different classes over my long second life and in my experience it is the unwillingness of many people to cooperate with other's in their class that is the biggest factor.  You have to admit that there are land barons that get preferential treatment from LL.  Can't blame them or LL for it.  It's just business. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Prokofy Neva wrote:

 

as always you manage perfectly to make a thing what's asked for years smelly garbage and useless... sometimes i really wonder why you'r still in business, nothing is good all sucks...

You can leave things totally as is, it won't cost you anything more, or less. You only have to adjust your way of thinking, so do your customers.

a 512 parcel has now a few more prims. Deal with it.

 

And your story about malls... those are suffering a slow death for many years, totally not related to this subject. The renters there have now 150 instead of 100... so what... costs keep the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for your "1,7 or 4x" land, I'm puzzled what these references are.

Pretty sure Callum is referencing the sim's "Object Bonus" ("Region" tab of the "Region/Estate" dialog). That's where "double-prim" sims are set up, with an Object Bonus of 2.0.

This might confuse other readers, so: Adjusting this "object bonus" has no effect at all on how much Land Impact the region can actually provide, but rather it's strictly a tool for parcel LI accounting, so individual parcel owners get cut-off from rezzing more prims at a non-standard level.

The one thing I'd suggest is to forget the notion of "borrowing" Land Impact from some reserve. That's a sometimes useful fiction for what actually happens with some "special case" objects (e.g., temp-on-rez, selected or sat-upon, etc.) but the detail of how these things really work is confusing, and taking that "borrowing / reserve" analogy too literally will just make it even more confusing.

That said, there are absurdly generous accounting limits on temp-on-rez objects, and throttles on the rate at which more can be rezzed. And whatever anybody says, it is absolutely possible for temp-on-rez to lag the heck out of a sim and connected viewers -- or not -- depending on what's being rezzed and whether it's happening in view. And this recent LI boost also (presumably) boosts the accounting limits on temp-on-rez, so for certain sims, that could be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Qie, for the reminder about temp-on-rez.

Could I just add -- you know this, I know, but others might not -- that temp-on-rez objects count as zero land impact if they are made from prims, but as their full land impact if they are made from mesh.

This is infuriating, because it means (this is how I found out about it) if I made a device that uses experience tools to rez a demo hair or something, which then immediately attaches to the customer but won't survive leaving the region,  it works fine with a 200 LI hair made out of sculpties and flexi-prims but fails for a lower-LI mesh hair if the spare LI isn't available for that split second (literally) after the item is rezzed and before it attaches to the customer.

As far as I can discover, this use-case (which was actually an example given in one of LL's early videos about possible uses for experience tools) is borked precisely because LL fear that otherwise people would use temp-rezzers to cover their land with absurdly high LI mesh items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new allowance supposedly was due to server improvements, but wouldn't it have been better to dedicate that to the general functioning of SL?

Maybe it's just coincidence, but SL has been crazy awful since LL implemented this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News to me that " SL has been crazy awful since LL implemented this."   Not that that means much, of course.

What causes you to say that?  I've not noticed any particular changes in performance (and even if I had, I would not automatically assume, without further data, that  they were caused by this change, as opposed to any other of several different reasons I can think of why I might experience problems with SL).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Innula Zenovka wrote:

News to me that "
SL has been crazy awful since LL implemented this."   Not that that means much, of course.

What causes you to say that?  I've not noticed any particular changes in performance (and even if I had, I would not automatically assume, without further data, that  they were caused by this change, as opposed to any other of several different reasons I can think of why I might experience problems with SL).

 

Sim crossings seem to be worse for sailors since this was introduced. On Saturday there was a sim in the Blake Sea crashing everyone on the cruise that entered it. And later in the day a Sim North of the Linden Channel doing the same thing. Yesterday there were a lot of problems with people saying sims were down and that Sunday was even worse.

It may or may not be related of course, SL can have bad weekends for these sorts of things, but this last weekend it has been exceptionally bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...