I think I messed something up... Help?

Grim Hijinks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I placed a bed I bought down and something must have happened because now all I'm getting is the following whenever I try and load up a couple animation. I get a script error with:

[Solari's] Bed Japanese Sweet Love: Could not find object '~ball'.

Could anyone help me out? Much appreciated.

If I remember properly the "~ball" is rezzed to sit on in nPose and MLP.  If there is no such thing in the bed's contents you're probably a bit stuck.  This is your first post so I have to ask - what scripting experience do you have?  (I accept it could be massive but I'm not sure how to pitch any advice in case you are new to SL)

all that means is it could not find an object in the contents of the prim where the animations are held called ~ball which is the poseball you and another person would sit on to use the animations if the bed is modify and you have another bed with this object in you can take a copy out of the bed and place it in the one that does not have it, if it's no mod you should contact the creator get them to sort it

Oh, well I posted in the forums before but my thread got flagged because someone thought I was trolling.. Oi vey.

Anywho I don't have very much experience in scripting, and I'm sort of familiar with the ability to load scripts into certain objects. I have no idea where the certain item "~ball" could be located, though. I've trawled my inventory and nothing.

"~ball" should be in the bed's contents, along with a number of scripts and a notecard or two.  You can see what's there by right-clicking the bed, selecting 'edit' from the menu and then clicking the 'contents' tab in the edit window.

The bed's script is complaining that it needs to rez "~ball" in order to work but that it doesn't have one in contents.  I realise now I'm not sure how to identify which scripts your bed is using, so I can't tell which replacement would help.  I hope someone else can be more useful.

Yeah, I do hope something can come of this, and hopefulyl someone with experience in the scripts used by this bed or someone who owns this bed could help it would be much appreciated.

In the end of the day I suppose I could always just save up and buy a new one...

Well as  Claireschen said your best bet is to contact the creator of the bed or whoever sold it to you.  While I'd understand the scripts involved I don't know how to explain in enough detail for you to tell us which scripts are actually in the thing!  Everything in SL is 'custom' so it's unlikely that anyone reading this will say "oh yeah, that bed uses ... this is what you do".  There are, however, only 3 or 4 popular, and free!, animation systems used in SL so that chances are someone will be able to identify which you have,

You're welcome and good luck.

Now - would you like the technical details of how the "~ball" script works in MLP2? (I'm kidding, but that's the sort of thing we do here!)

Hmmm - I've just looked at my inventory and I do actually have a copy of MLP2.  It's quite possible that the "~ball" from that will work with your bed.  Get yourself in-world and IM me.  I'll come over and talk you through how to put it in the bed.

While I believe your question has been asked in the wrong place and thus promting some rather unhlepful answers I will answer your question. 

This is not a scripting issue at all or else I would not answer. This, though is a very common issue and very easy to fix. The object ~ball should still be in the contents of the bed, but for some reason (usually because you took the bed back into inventory before clicking "Stop" on the bed menu to derez any balls) the bed stops recognizing its existance. Simply rerez the bed and select it and edit it. While on edit mode go to "Tools" then "Reset Scripts" and problem solved. 

• Like 3

Building a bed with poses and such?

Take a look at the Multi Love Pose system, which used to be free and easily found.  What you will find is that the ~ball is a prim (a sphere) which is in the inventory of the bed, and gets rezzed on the bed for the couple to sit on, thus starting the animations.  The poseballs are in communication with the bed and after the bed rezzes the balls, it positions and rotates them so they are in the correct location.

Without the ball in the bed's inventory, there is nothing to rez, thus your error message.

and incidently, the ball has code in it as well, so simply making a ball and dropping it in the inventory of the bed won't help.

I don't know where to get nPose either, since GridShout was shut down (I've just been looking).  You're right though, it doesn't use poseballs.  It is much more than a female sit/pose system though :-) Hence the 'ladies first' protocol and instructions on creating sub-sub-menus for your favourite threesome animations.

Also, since I didn't see you weren't building, the most common error with new builders putting out merchandise is setting prims inside beds as No Copy.  Then the bed can rez only that one ball one time only -- then it's gone from inventory.  Your bed's creator may just need to send you new balls (something you only hear in SL...) that are set correctly and that you'll drop into the bed's inventory.  Or just a whole new bed is usually easier.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Its possible that the creator just messed up perms on the ball in the rezzer and forgot to make it copiable, so after it rezzed the first time & got deleted, the next time its clicked there is no ball to rezz and you get that error message.

This. 

Then your only option is to wait till you hear back from the creator. 

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

I don't know where to get nPose either, since GridShout was shut down (I've just been looking).  You're right though, it doesn't use poseballs.  It is much more than a female sit/pose system though :-) Hence the 'ladies first' protocol and instructions on creating sub-sub-menus for your favourite threesome animations.

Yes, nPose is much more than a "female sit" system, it is a full futniture system with capabilities a lot like traditional MLP. The inworld location is in the Diamond Land region, there is a free vendor to get the scripts in a prebuilt example pad, and a group joiner for updates. The example configuration includes rezzed prop and chain point demonstrations. There are notecards in the kit with helper scripts like an MLP notecard converter.

Thanks to Cerise and Void for pointing me in the right direction.  I must build some furniture some time now I know where the scripts are :-)

Meahwhile ... my other big project is spawning so many sub-projects that I think I'm going backwards.  Ahhh, the joys of software development.  Just spent a happy hour in-world running a couple of test scripts just to check values and positioning.  Unfortunately not something an animation-engine could help with in this instance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.