How do I report an assault from another second life member.

yellowowl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On 10/31/2016 I visit the sandbox on second life to unpack some boxes. As I was unpacking my packages a cage fell on top of my avatar and locked me in for a few minutes. When the cage disappeared I found myself locked in the arms of an male avatar. I was unable to get out of his hold. At first I thought it was a Halloween joke, but when I turned to the side in order to break his hold which didn't work I discovered that my avatar was being assaulted sexually. As he proceeded to do vulgar things to my avatar  he said some very nasty things to me. I was able to take pictures of the act and I also have the nasty things he said to me in my chat box. I would like to share the pictures and text with you. Please be so kind to let me know how to send them to you.

Yellowowl

11/01/2016

2 answers to this question

Hi yellowowl,

We're residents just like you, and can't do anything about what happened.

File an abuse report. Instructions for doing so are here...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

The next time something like this happens, teleport away or log out.

• Like 1

Madelaine has given you excellent advice.  I'll give you a couple more bits...

While it's annoying (and can be frightening, when you are new and don't understand what's going on) the sort of harassment you experienced in the sandbox is not serious.  You can file an Abuse Report by following Maddy's link, but there are more direct and immediately effective ways of dealing with this sort of thing.

• Do NOT accept any inventory offers from people like this
  • Do NOT accept any animation requests
  • If you think you might be attacked, SIT ON SOMETHING.  This prevents people from pushing you.
  • If you get trapped in a cage, right click something outside the cage and sit on it.  Or you can rez a cube inside the cage, sit on it, and then use the Edit tools to edit the cube and yourself right through the wall of the cage.
  • Keep your avatar complexity slider (Preferences, Graphics tab) at 300,000 or less to foil graphics crashers.
  • If people annoy you with chat, inventory offers, sounds, or particle effects, right click them and select Block, or Mute.
  • To make yourself a less obvious target, rez a platform, sit on it, then edit its Z position up high in the sky, say 2500m or so.
  • Don't frequent the same sandboxes as the griefers.  Caledon Oxbridge University has both a sandbox and changing rooms where you may unpack your things and try them on, and live staff in the area to deal with any unpleasant persons.
  • Do not respond to taunts.  Ignore them.  These people are trying to get a reaction out of you.  If they persist, teleport somewhere else.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.