I hope they spread it like Peanut Butter!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

$600US is not chump change by any means.  Those that didn't pony up that amount are still paying the higher tier and it was a limited offer, so anyone buying a new sim from LL will pay the higher tier.

Keep in mind that you don't get mainland sims for free either. Prices vary a lot of course but even today with a price general level less than half of what it was two or three years ago, you may still have to pay just as much to buy a mainland sim as you have to pay in startup fee for a private one.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

With estate rights comes the responsibility of governing your estate too, not something that mainland owners have to do.

Oh yes, you have to do that because nobody else will. And somehow you have to find a way to do it without sufficient tools for the job.

ChinRey wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

$600US is not chump change by any means.  Those that didn't pony up that amount are still paying the higher tier and it was a limited offer, so anyone buying a new sim from LL will pay the higher tier.

Keep in mind that you don't get mainland sims for free either. Prices vary a lot of course but even today with a price general level less than half of what it was two or three years ago, you may still have to pay just as much to buy a mainland sim as you have to pay in startup fee for a private one.

You are buying from another resident, and prices are driven by
residents
who set the price and other
residents
who are willing to pay the ridicules prices for sims that other residents charge.  As you are not paying LL most of the time other than for the rare sim that comes up for auction (whose prices are set by how much residents are willing to pay) this is irrelevant to my reply to Prok who stated that Private islands don't cost any more than mainland sims, referring to the tier and also contended that private islands would be "getting more once again".  I never mentioned set up fees, just the $600 fee to grandfather a sim, which as I pointed out, not everyone paid and people in the future won't have the option so many private islands WILL cost more than mainland.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Evidently estates get a boost too

Hmm, that link shows a blank page.  

I'm in one of my sims, and it looks like the prim allowance is the same as before.  (private island) 

Have been out of SL almost 7 months, and just popped in a few days ago.   If we're to have increased prims, that would be good news. Guess I'll have to wait until the official announcement to know for sure.  

Will keep an eye on this forum to see what people post.   Hopefully, it will be good news.  : )

I'm so happy to see this happening, and it makes perfect sense.. SL has had the same prim limits since it began. There was a reason they were set where they were, it was what the servers could handle at the time. It may not seem like it some days, but their technology has come a long way, and I'm sure limits of almost 15 years ago are way outdated. Also, Mainland needs some love. I think half of it is abandoned, and trying to sell a plot was next to impossible, hence all the abandoning. Yes, it's like a landfil and a museum of people's bad taste, but there are some beautiful landscape skyboxes out there to make  a natural feeling enviornment, oblivious to the mess below you. I am so glad I don't have to keep eyeing my capacity now every time I put something new out! I have also noticed, may just be coincidence, but I've been experiencing very little lag on a normally very laggy sim since the restart/prim increase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.