Unusual packet loss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the last few days I've been experiencing 0.5-1% persistant packet loss on 1/3 of all regions visited, everywhere else is 0%. When I run WinMTR I can see the loss is occuring at one node in particular (hop 14) as seen below.

All UDP traffic appears to be routed through this IP address so it's odd that the packet loss is not present in all regions. I asked a friend to check the same regions and he's seeing 0% loss. Also seeing quite a few brief latency spikes on XO nodes.

I've tried resetting/ rebooting my router and disabling HTTP pipelining in the viewer with no result. What could be causing this, network congestion or malfunction?

There are a number of things that can cause the problem. Most are beyond your control. You can restart your computer, router, and/or gateway. After that you'll need to complain to your ISP.

I have an article on troubleshooting your connection to SL. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Now that a buruaecratic organization, made up mostly of anti-free speech countries, controls the Internet expect more problems. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2016/10/31/the-dyn-ddos-attack-and-the-changing-balance-of-online-cyber-power/#77cb3088e230

Just thought I should mention that rebooting a router or modem does not necessarily reset the hardware sufficiently. I have personal experience of this... where rebooting via the web interface made no difference to packet loss, but a power-cycle fixed it immediately.

Just a thought :)

My traces look very similar to yours, by the way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.